Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Movie/TV Reviews
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-23-2008   #1
Thorn2k

Diary of the Dead

Its unfortunate that people now-a-days have to focus on the budget of movie to determine if its good or not. Why must these movies have 100's of millions of dollars of budget to be considered a well done movie. Why can't people focus on the movie being entertaining and… well, a movie.!! Movies aren't really suppose to change your life. They are suppose to entertain. Which is what this movie did.

Anyway.. I was very pleased with Diary Of The Dead. I thought, woo hoo George is back.!!! The movie, even though suppose to be a point of view flick, doesn't really seem like one. Which is good. Because those POV shots like in Blair Witch can get a little nausiating. But, it also makes you look something.. What IF the dead did come back and you had to run for your lives?? You may talk all big and bad, but, there is no way you can prepare for something like that. And this film showed what you may expect. Diary OTD really takes you back to the old days. When Living Dead was the only "zombie" flicks out there. Not all these posers that come in with horrible acting, $10 budgets, and try and rip off everything that has been done.

The movie is actually filled with a bunch of somewhat no named actors. I say that, because they haven't been in too much that you may have seen. Or anything that’s a blockbuster. Jason Creed and his classmates are filming a horror movie out in the woods for a class project when they find out that people are going mad all over. They quickly figure out that they need to get to their families and get outta there. That’s pretty much the goal throughout the movie. If I could have changed one thing, I would have had the movie focus more on the living dead, rather than the actual characters. You really do get a feel for the people in this movie and what they are going through and how they are dealing with this situation. Which doesn't exactly take away from the movie at all. Because by feeling for the characters, you actually feel bad when they get eaten. HAHA. Jason is die hard on filming the entire thing. He "wants the world to know" what is happening. There are 2 cameras going sometimes for when it needs to be on him, or who is holding the camera at the time. That’s how the POV works. And like I said, it doesn't really feel like a POV movie. But, if you're a fan of this type of film and especially if you're a fan of George, then you NEED to see this movie. I really think you'll like it.
Thorn2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008   #2
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

I drool over zombie movies, George Romero IS the best horror film director. I'm not too much into holding a camcorder and filming as the movie goes along, it makes me dizzy...lol.

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote