Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 11-14-2003   #1
[SS]Informer
"FUBAR"

Socom 2 Online Problem.

I have rescently had a problem where i can play online for maybe a half hour to an hour and it boots me. The screen freezes and then im booted off the server completely. I went out and bought a new Ps2 because im crazy and it worked well for maybe 2 hours. I even returned and replaced the socom2 disc and the online adapter that came with the ps2. The problem still returned after this. Im not sure what i should do about this. I have a wireless router connected to my computer but i use a lan cord from the router for the socom. I dont know what i should do... My thoughts are that my upload strength is not strong enough, but my connectivity and speed it great... any suggestions?

Thanks.
[SS]Informer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003   #2
Virus
Ensign

Re: Socom 2 Online Problem.

Quote:
Originally posted by The_Informer
I have rescently had a problem where i can play online for maybe a half hour to an hour and it boots me. The screen freezes and then im booted off the server completely. I went out and bought a new Ps2 because im crazy and it worked well for maybe 2 hours. I even returned and replaced the socom2 disc and the online adapter that came with the ps2. The problem still returned after this. Im not sure what i should do about this. I have a wireless router connected to my computer but i use a lan cord from the router for the socom. I dont know what i should do... My thoughts are that my upload strength is not strong enough, but my connectivity and speed it great... any suggestions?

Thanks.
Dude, thats just online playing.. Boots happen..

***************SAVE CANNABIS!!**************

HëLL-Råï§Ë®§ Quad: [h»r]V][Rus
Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003   #3
[SS]Cuervo
I'm an IMPACT PLAYA!!

his is consistent.. i believe Snakebite had a similar issue with a wireless router. If you want to rule out the wirless router.. you would have to go directly from your cable modem to your ps2

"SEMPER FRATRES BITCH!"- [SS]Cuervo

"I just do my job man. I do what my god given abilities allow me to do and I thank Jesus Christ for it every

single day. And do I enjoy what I do? heheheheh...HELL YEA!" - Terrible Terry Tate

In Memory of
PEPE
12.1.94 - 6.29.04
[SS]Cuervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003   #4
[SS]Snakebite
Thats Mr Sarcastic to you

Yes, I had a similar prob. I think he said he had his PS2 hard wired tho, so he must have a diff prob if its that consistent. My connection has miracously cured itself. I get the occasional boot and very little lag even while running the laptop (yes the laptop works now!! lol) and both PS2's.

[SS]Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003   #5
JESS7

I fixed it. I just won't tell Snake the secret to making it work. I gotta have some leverage somehow! lol;)

JESS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003   #6
[SS]Informer
"FUBAR"

Thanks for the posts i may hook it up directly if the problem persists more. Thanks.
Old 11-17-2003   #7
[SS]Cuervo
I'm an IMPACT PLAYA!!

When snake had his problem.. i told him it was his Wireless resetting either completely or the ports were flapping.. regardless if it is hardwired or not.. again.. if it does it wired directly from the modem (without the router) its either you ISP, network adapter, or PS2

"SEMPER FRATRES BITCH!"- [SS]Cuervo

"I just do my job man. I do what my god given abilities allow me to do and I thank Jesus Christ for it every

single day. And do I enjoy what I do? heheheheh...HELL YEA!" - Terrible Terry Tate

In Memory of
PEPE
12.1.94 - 6.29.04
[SS]Cuervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003   #8
[SS]Informer
"FUBAR"

I was able to get rid of the problem for now. I changed the bits per second rate so the ports werent having tons of traffic.
It might come back though, but thanks for the posts again.
Old 11-17-2003   #9
Weeper

Curious ... what RATE did you change them to?
Weeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2003   #10
[SS]Informer
"FUBAR"

between 900 and 1200.