Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 10-29-2003   #1
[WH]CoronA

Sony PS2 HDD

I dont know if you guys already know about this or not but i wanted to let any of you who dont know that sony will in fact be releasing the hard drive for the ps 2 early of 2004........ I dont remember the exact month off hand but ii read this in EGM as i get a monthly subscription to it.... Socom II and Syphon Filter will be two of the first of many games to come that will aloow for donloadable content........ If i remember correctly the retaill price for the HDD will be $99.99......... just a heads up in case ya'll didnt know

CoronA
Captain
Delta Company

[WH]CoronA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003   #2
[SS]Snakebite
Thats Mr Sarcastic to you

What kind of stuff will you be able to download for S2??

[SS]Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003   #3
[WH]CoronA

I dont think they have really said anything about what exactly will be able to be downloaded yet only the game will be one of the first to utilize the HDD for downloadable content.... If i had to speculate i would say probably new maps and what nor.....

CoronA
Captain
Delta Company

Old 10-29-2003   #4
Weeper

I would guess probably updates and patches.
Weeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003   #5
[SS]Dr.Who

Guys I did see an article about this, it mainly affects the single player game, but supposedly will allow map changes and character changes for the online game also. I will try and find the article and link to it.

Has anyone figured out the "locked" officer character in the beta game? Is it based on rank, whereas you start as a grunt and when you "earn" the officer status (and as long as you hold that status) the officer "unlocks"?
Old 10-29-2003   #6
[SS]ProXimo
Proximo Studios

Don't know Doc. I was trying to figure out how to unlock these characters, but I think it's just to fire you up about the full version.

LOL

[SS]ProXimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003   #7
[SS]Cuervo
I'm an IMPACT PLAYA!!

they will be unlocked in the full version.. also.. some may be unlocked in single player mode..

"SEMPER FRATRES BITCH!"- [SS]Cuervo

"I just do my job man. I do what my god given abilities allow me to do and I thank Jesus Christ for it every

single day. And do I enjoy what I do? heheheheh...HELL YEA!" - Terrible Terry Tate

In Memory of
PEPE
12.1.94 - 6.29.04
[SS]Cuervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003   #8
[SS]Dr.Who

I was informed that the HDD is going to install into the NA port on the back of the PS2. It will have the NA built into it. But there is also an external model, maybe using the USB ports?????????????????? We shall see in due time huh?
Old 10-29-2003   #9
[SS]Snakebite
Thats Mr Sarcastic to you

If it lets you upgrade or anything to the online gameplay, then I'll prob get one.

[SS]Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2003   #10
Weeper

Yeah ... me too!
Weeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003   #11
[WH]CoronA

I'm thinking more along the lines for us SOCOM freaks that its gonna be a must have LoL

CoronA
Captain
Delta Company

Old 10-30-2003   #12
[SS]ProXimo
Proximo Studios

If they provide more content for us and it's good stuff. Then I can see SOCOMers getting it.

[SS]ProXimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003   #13
[WH]CoronA

Me personally i have already decided on its a must have for myself... Its my understand that you will also be able to record and manage music from some form of a media desktop installed on the hdd as well........so for me I WILL GET IT LoL

CoronA
Captain
Delta Company

Old 10-30-2003   #14
[SS]Deadeye-R
100% Canadian Beef

I've heard that it will only be packaged with FFXI. That is why the price is so high. Haven't heard anything about the functionality for S2 yet, but I'm sure there will be a lot. Remember the upgrade screen in the beta?? You click on it to download the updates. I think this will be one of their methods for keeping the cheaters out - downloading patches and what not.

[SS]Deadeye-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003   #15
[SS]Cuervo
I'm an IMPACT PLAYA!!

Deadeye.. that will also work on the memory card as well.. not necessarily HDD needed.. but yes.. i did see official aritcles about the HDD being used for S2 for new maps.. and talks of being able to UPLOAD your own created maps.. thats a rumor though on the custom maps

"SEMPER FRATRES BITCH!"- [SS]Cuervo

"I just do my job man. I do what my god given abilities allow me to do and I thank Jesus Christ for it every

single day. And do I enjoy what I do? heheheheh...HELL YEA!" - Terrible Terry Tate

In Memory of
PEPE
12.1.94 - 6.29.04
[SS]Cuervo is offline   Reply With Quote