Matrix Mouse

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/matrixmouse.html

"Yes me daddy me Snow me I feel cool an' deadly."
[SS]Informer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005   #2
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

lol poor little bastard.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005   #3
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

We never saw Vapids Chicken dance Video that he gave his Snake....

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005   #4
[SS]Vapid

One of the "Small" snakes ate a chicken AND a duck in one sitting!
Old 10-28-2005   #5
[SS]Steve-O
Presidente

Quote:
Originally posted by [SS]Vapid
One of the "Small" snakes ate a chicken AND a duck in one sitting!
I need some video for proof.

[SS]Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005   #6
[SS]Vapid

Alright. I'll make it happen.
Old 10-28-2005   #7
TIMEX.
Commander

why Vapid, do u raise snakes or something? sounds pretty cool.

TIMEX. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005   #8
[SS]Vapid

I was planning on raising them but my brother didn't clsoe thier house up tight enough one night last winter and 2 of the females I was going to breed died.

Now I just have them to have them.
Old 10-30-2005   #9
TIMEX.
Commander

no way! what kind of snakes were they, and what kinds do you have now?

Old 10-31-2005   #10
[SS]Vapid

These are not actual pictures of my snakes.

I currently have 3 Reticulated Pythons. The male (10 feet) is a Tiger Retic , and the two females (both between 8 and 9 feet) are standard Reticulated Python.

The ones who died were also Reticulated Pythons. There was one male and one female Albino Retic, and a Super Tiger Retic.

Each female will lay around 60 eggs a year. After 2 generations I would have been getting the following breakdown and price per.

4 Albino Super Tigers ($20,000.00)
8 Albino Tigers ($15,000.00)
4 Albino Regular ($2,000.00)
8 Super Tigers who carry albino ($2,000.00)
16 Tigers who carry albino ($1,000.00)
8 Regular who carry albino ($1,000.00)
4 Super Tigers (500.00)
8 Tigers (250.00)
4 Regular (100.00)

...yes, people pay $20,000.00 for a snake.

Here's a full grown Retic

I also have a young Green Tree Python just because he looks cool.
Old 10-31-2005   #11
TIMEX.
Commander

wow thats amazing! that full grown one is HUGE.. and i cant believe that someone would pay 20k for a snake! and you would have had 4 of them!?!? plus the 8 albino tigers at 15k each! damn man, if i could, i would get back into that business. im suprised your not going to do it. does it take alot of time or something?
-X-

Old 10-31-2005   #12
[SS]Vapid

Yeah, it's A LOT of work. The females aren't ready to breed until they are around 14 feet. These snakes can grow really fast and could be 14-15 feet by the time they are 2 years old if you over feed them. My 8-9 foot snakes eat a chicken every 2 weeks and the 10 feet snake eats 2 chickens every 2 weeks. Next year he'll be eating pigs. You can't imagine the mess they make a few days after eating. I keep them together because they are still juveniles but I'll need to give each one their own house in the next few months. They regularly grow to over 25 feet and they are extreamly powerful. A 15 foot Retic can easily kill a person and it is recomended that once they are 12 feet you always have a person with you incase you are attacked.
Old 10-31-2005   #13
TIMEX.
Commander

wow.......thats crazy!! if u dont feel like answering these questions dont, but how do u feed them the pigs and chickens? are they alive? and what are their houses like? what kind grow up to 25 feet!?? i didnt read that before. and these are all constrictors right? wow, this is really cool, i never knew that there was so much to know about snakes, and i didnt know that you could raise them, and breed them...
dancingban

Old 10-31-2005   #14
[SS]Vapid

I have no problem answering your questions.

I feed them live chickens. If you have a small snake, like the Green Tree Python, you can go to PetCo and buy a mouse for $1.50 once a week and you'll be okay. You can also pick up rats from PetCo without breaking the bank. When you get into rabbits, you start to spend a lot of money. I had to do a lot of searching to find a place that would sell me rabbits for a reasonible price. The ones at PetCo are pet rabbits and go for $15.00 or more while the ones I was getting are a pretty aggressive but they cost $4.00. When my snakes started eating 3 and 4 rabbits I had to find a place that would sell me the chickens. I found a guy who sells chickens, ducks, turkeys, ect to people as pets. I buy the chickens nobody wants and he sells them to me for $2.00. Sometimes I get crazy ones, like the one that would only walk in clockwise circles. When I need pigs I hope he can get them for me.

A lot of people say it's better to feed the snakes freeze dried food because it makes the animal less agressive but I think feel it's healthier for the snake to have that hunt.

I learned the hard way that these animals are no joke. They eat people in the wild. Everyone has heard of the Anaconda, these are bigger. There has never been a documented/verified account of an Anconda eating a person. The Anaconda has more girth but the Reticulated Python is the longest snake in the world. I will probably choose to not breed them because the animal gets the short side of the deal when people decide they are to much animal to take care of. As far as snakes go, they really are pretty impressive looking and they really smart (for a snake).
Old 11-01-2005   #15
TIMEX.
Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by [SS]Vapid
Sometimes I get crazy ones, like the one that would only walk in clockwise circles.
LMFAO!!!rofl

thats cool man, but i can see that it could be dangerous and pricey. where do you keep them? u said houses, but what are those like. and how can u trust them, do they get to know you as their owner? also i always thought that the Anaconda was a killer, lol. the reticulated python is a constrictor right, or do they bite too? and i agree about feeding them live food, its more natural that way.