Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-05-2005   #1
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

New Hi-Res footage...

This shows an enitre mission, there is a part 1 and part 2...so if you have time.....enjoy!

http://my.1up.com/do/download?cId=3138600

If you have Dial-up....you might want to go grab a pizza and watch a movie...then, wash your hair...perhaps walk the dog....okay you get the idea.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #2
[SS]Hoot
Ex-SS

Just watched that first part......... man this game looks fun. It doesnt seem to have deviated much at all from its roots.

The Defense Department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid.
[SS]Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005   #3
Maelos
Ensign

and if you would like to see, dl, or whatever the full version I would be glad to give you a link to the copy I have on my server. It might be a bit faster for people who have the connection speed and would otherwise like to traverse the SE Brandon line.

Thanks to SE for hosting it though.

AIM: Maelos578d

Ideas I live by:
The Litany of Fear & Strength In Unity ~for the mind
Maelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #4
[SS]Fight[r]

Heres what I think.

Game looks great. Menus need work, though. The menu looks to much like the new Ghost Recon 2. Like shit if you ask me. I dont think that that was an actual mission. It might have been the "Quick Play" seen on the main menu. I would like to see a more stealth mission. I dont think the tangos could actually HIT the main character, but it could have been on "very easy". The hit detection looks great. As good as Socom 1. I dont know how a middle eastern terrorist group could have that kind of boat they used, the one with Gattlin Cannons, but again, this may have not been a mission. I think the "Save progress" icons came to often and made it too easy. The helicopter help reminded me of the 5th or 6th mission in Socom 1, where you can call a chopper in to clear out an area at the beginning of the mission. If you didnt notice, one of the team members died near the boat area. He was not in the final video which shows pretty impressive. Unlike Socom 2 were you only 2 of the 4 guys in the videos.

All around, the game looks good. I just hope stealth plays a larger roll in the final game.

[SS]Fight[r] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005   #5
[SS]Informer
"FUBAR"

They stated in the other video that the single player is easy at first. So that new people get into it and its not so hard at first like socom 1&2. As you stated i hate the menues too.

"Yes me daddy me Snow me I feel cool an' deadly."
[SS]Informer is offline   Reply With Quote