Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-17-2003   #1
[SS]CJ

I really can do some woodworking

Here's a rack I made for my pool table. I play mostly 9 Ball and I don't have a ball return and the 10-15 balls always get in the way. The butt of the cue that is pictured is my jump stick. The model is a "Dirty Ernie." The shelf is made out of maple and lacewood. It's stained red to match the felt of the table and the carpet in the room.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pool_rack_cropped.jpg (11.1 KB, 71 views)

[SS]CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003   #2
[SS]CJ

In my "Formica is Cool" days

I made this sub box for home use (obviously). I wanted something different. This right triangle box turned out to be a lot harder than I anticipated. The 18" sub is supposed to have 9 cubic feet of airspace. So what! It only has about 4.5 cubic feet but it still shakes the walls of the house. I have to be carefull when I use it because of the neighbors.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18inch_sub_cropped.jpg (8.5 KB, 69 views)

Old 09-17-2003   #3
[SS]CJ

Here it is without the speaker cover.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18inch_sub_cropped1.jpg (9.6 KB, 69 views)

Old 09-17-2003   #4
[SS]CJ

More "Formica is Cool" stuff

I hated all the cd racks that are for sale so I decided to make my own. The shelf is made out of particle board, black formica, 1/8" plywood, and chrome rods. The particle board is completly covered with black formica inside and out. I set up a jig in order to get the holes for the chrome rod uniform. The chrome rod was really expensive so I cheated with the back cd holders. They are made from ordinary dowel stock. You can't see the back wooden rods though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cd_rack_cropped.jpg (22.7 KB, 67 views)

Old 09-17-2003   #5
[SS]Dr.Who

Cool Schhtuff Jammer

Nice work, can you build a house for me, my wife gonna chit when I start buying all the HDD and service for SOCOM II! lol Nice work.
Old 09-17-2003   #6
[SS]CJ

I prefer to do fine detailed work. I've always viewed house construction as "Crude." Don't get me wrong, contruction work is needed and to do it, requires skill. That aspect never interested me though.

Old 09-17-2003   #7
[SS]Steve-O
Presidente

nice work Jammer.

[SS]Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003   #8
[SS]Snakebite
Thats Mr Sarcastic to you

Dang Jammer!! I thought we had a lot of CD's. You're loaded man. Nice work on that stuff.

Steve, that avatar is hilarious, what did you make it with?

[SS]Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003   #9
JESS7

Jammer, could you make us one of those racks for our DVDs, video games, and CDs? That would be super-great, and since Christmas is coming up, you wouldn't even have to get us a gift if you did this! lol

OH...you know I have to put my two cents in with the triangle! Can anyone tell me Jammer's mistake with the triangle? Sorry Jammer, but I am a geometry teacher. That is a very sharp looking speaker though....very cool!

JESS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003   #10
[SS]Arkangel
angermeans

Quote:
Originally posted by [SS]Snakebite
Dang Jammer!! I thought we had a lot of CD's. You're loaded man. Nice work on that stuff.

Steve, that avatar is hilarious, what did you make it with?
I filled both of my cd racks and now I use the floor. I am in the realm of 400 or so...and I would never any one of them!!

Peaceful confrontation meet War Machine.

"You tremble, carcass? You would tremble even more if you knew where I am going to take you" - Vicomte de Turenne

"... the Earth hath skin, and the skin hath diseases. One of these... is called man" - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

"Uproar east - strike west" - Sheng Tung, Chi Hsi

"Remind the gods of my name. I believe there is one seat left for me" - In Flames
[SS]Arkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003   #11
JESS7

Do you have all those alphabetized? lol

JESS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003   #12
[SS]Cuervo
I'm an IMPACT PLAYA!!

Re: In my "Formica is Cool" days

Quote:
Originally posted by [SS]Jammer
I made this sub box for home use (obviously). I wanted something different. This right triangle box turned out to be a lot harder than I anticipated. The 18" sub is supposed to have 9 cubic feet of airspace. So what! It only has about 4.5 cubic feet but it still shakes the walls of the house. I have to be carefull when I use it because of the neighbors.
didnt take geometry eh?? all you had to do was extend the base several inches and that would have given you the extra cubic feet you needed.. lol

"SEMPER FRATRES BITCH!"- [SS]Cuervo

"I just do my job man. I do what my god given abilities allow me to do and I thank Jesus Christ for it every

single day. And do I enjoy what I do? heheheheh...HELL YEA!" - Terrible Terry Tate

In Memory of
PEPE
12.1.94 - 6.29.04
[SS]Cuervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003   #13
[SS]Cuervo
I'm an IMPACT PLAYA!!

Quote:
Originally posted by CHAMELEON

OH...you know I have to put my two cents in with the triangle! Can anyone tell me Jammer's mistake with the triangle?
The Speaker isnt centereD???

"I just do my job man. I do what my god given abilities allow me to do and I thank Jesus Christ for it every

single day. And do I enjoy what I do? heheheheh...HELL YEA!" - Terrible Terry Tate

In Memory of
PEPE
12.1.94 - 6.29.04
Old 09-17-2003   #14
[SS]Cuervo
I'm an IMPACT PLAYA!!

thisnt int the actual picture.. the work sits in my mothers living room.. but it looks like this.. I made it in my woodworking class in Highschool.. I calcualted the time spent.. would have been a continous 3 months worth of hours spent on it. thats over 2100 hours

Above is a picture of a Newport Desk that i made a replica of. They are super rare antiques.. Most of them have a normal drawer up top.. but i made mine as a desk.. where the top drawer front flips down and is really a desk.. with pigeon holes and small drawers inside

Just to show how rare it is.. one sold in 1996

5. Samuel Whitehorne block-and-shell kneehole desk, Newport, Rhode Island, $3.632 million, Sotheby's, January 20, 1996.

Ill post picture when i can for those who doubt me..

In Memory of
PEPE
12.1.94 - 6.29.04
Old 09-17-2003   #15
[SS]Dr.Who

Wow, C, just think of how much more fun 2100 hours of SOCOM would have been instead of imitatin Bob Villa... ha ha ha ha