Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > This just in...
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-02-2014   #1
[SS]Twist
I'm a REAL boy.

Fort Hood

Sad to say that another tragedy happened at Fort Hood. 4 dead including the gunman. Reports don't point towards a terror attack, but it has not been ruled out. Another sad day for military members and families. Hug your family tight and let them know you love them every chance you get.

[SS]Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #2
[SS]Shooter
CO of Recruit Instruction

Sounds like a PTSD-related mental illness.

And the argument gets stronger for arming ALL soldiers deployed stateside. This is just crazy that soldiers can't protect themselves.

Keep your ears buttered up while I set fire to the rain!
[SS]Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #3
[SS]Twist
I'm a REAL boy.

they said he was in therapy for depression etc. I wonder if we are taking good enough care of our guys when they get home. Someone should have been able to help him first. Battle Buddies tend to jump to mind.

Old 04-03-2014   #4
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

It’s easy for me to say...but I think we ARE taking good care of our troops. At the end day, this guy just wanted to make a name for himself before going out...that’s my take. Sad indeed....

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014   #5
[SS]Twist
I'm a REAL boy.

you know better than I. It just seems like someone should have spoken up before this ended up. I agree that if someone wants to make a name for themselves this will do it.

This, undoubtably, will bring up more gun control discussions and mental health talks. Sad no matter what the cause.

Old 04-04-2014   #6
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Perhaps I should have rephrased that? I’m not 100% sure on what happened. I do know that there is offerings of mental health and the like to any and all troops. Retired, Active Duty, Guard etc. I’m just thinking....if you’re suicidal. Just go off in the woods and kill yourself. You don’t have to go out in a blaze.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
Old 04-04-2014   #7
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

You know how many Servicemembers have PTSD? Thousands. Whether they're are minor or major cases. Heck, I have a slight case of it. But I don't go around using it as a crutch. I understand there are Servicemembers with different types of it and do need the help. But when one person goes out and does what this guy did, everyone starts to ask what more could we have done to prevent this. If a MF'er is going to do what he did, it will be done. No matter if the person has or has not PTSD.

I dealt with Soldiers when I was in who had PTSD. I'm not a doctor, but I knew when some were bs'ing. Some claim to have PTSD and never left the FOB and never got mortared. Give me a break.

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.

Last edited by [SS]Showstoper : 04-04-2014 at 09:32 AM.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #8
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

NSFW Language!!!

I'll just park this right here.

Old 04-04-2014   #9
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

^ lol, I need to pull up some more Fobbit videos. Thanks Chief.

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #10
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

i laughed hard lol, especially at the stick figures

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014   #11
[SS]Twist
I'm a REAL boy.

Show, I agree that way more people are gonna claim PTSD for the sympathy, disability, or just the excuse. I think there are people that have a real case for it too. People are gonna try and take the easy way out and i think that seems to be more prevalent in the newer generation of Soldier/Sailors/Marines.

As for FOBBITS...Here's a Navy equivalent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrXAaWyDWOY#t=70