Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-19-2004   #1
[SS]Dr.Who

Glitches everywhere making game shitty again......

I have been playing more S2 lately because I am trying to improve my sniping skills and playing maps that I would not normally snipe on. I have to say it is a blast, but the freakin glitchers are really starting to piss me off!!!!!!

While the DNAS seems to be doing it's job, this whole wall slide and the run/jump to get more running speed bullcrap is really annoying. It seems on the maps with alot of buildings that all you see is wall sliding crap. I was in CR today and this SEAL (my team) started out running and before I could get out of our spawn area his name was not visible on the screen. I asked him why he has to cheat and he said "because if I dont they will get behind me and kill me before I get them".

I understood "why" he did it, but then he asked why I picked up the M-14 w/203........ I said the the wall sliding gives an unfair advantage, he replied with "just like the new newby cannons with the 203". I think there is a major difference here............. I dont see anything "wrong" with gun selection versus taking advantage of "game glitches". What does everyone else think? I am getting tired of playing with the "new type glitchers that do these things, just like looking through the walls in CR and SUJO............... I ranted enough the game is starting to get a little frigged up now. Glitching to counter the glitching.......................
Old 01-19-2004   #2
~~HF~~ Roket
Lieutenant Commander

I agree, gun selection is just part of the game. It's nice to have the option of using a big cannon or a smaller weapon. But using glitches of any kind is NOT cool.

I must admit, I am not familiar with run/jump to go faster, or wall sliding. Are these new glitches only found in Socom II?

Woo-Hoo, only 6 more weeks till we get Socom II :D

~~HF~~ Roket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2004   #3
[SS]Informer
"FUBAR"

I understand. I too am annoyed by the wall hoppers and glitchers. I also try to snipe but its impossable to snipe them when they are going 100mph across the wall or they are actually in a wall. I just wish sony or zipper would look into these things.
[SS]Informer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004   #4
[SS]Dr.Who

Quote:
Originally posted by ~~HF~~ Roket
I must admit, I am not familiar with run/jump to go faster, or wall sliding. Are these new glitches only found in Socom II?:D
Yeah bud, they are. I do not recall them being in S1. I do not know how to do them, some sort of run against the side of a bldg makes you "slide" a lengthy distance" and jump/running makes you run faster.............. even sniping dead is not an option when sniping because they are "in a glitch" while they do this and you cannot shoot them. It is as if they are protected by the glitch while glitching................. I just hate them and the MFers that use them (whether in self defense or to gain an advantage)!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2004   #5
[SS]Grunt

Yes, you are are right, they really need to see how people really like playing this game and take it serious and fix these things. and somehow some way prevent the cheats, also it was nice playing a couple of matches with you and c.j. , peace.:D
Old 01-20-2004   #6
~~HF~~ Roket
Lieutenant Commander

Well we can only hope it's been fixed for the PAL release. I am aware of all the Socom glitches, but never use them and don't even know how to use most of them.

I die alot, but at least I don't cheat ;)

~~HF~~ Roket is offline   Reply With Quote