Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Chief's Warehouse
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-20-2010   #1
[SS]Shooter
CO of Recruit Instruction

Man, 42, Dies From 'Over-Excitement' at Watching 'Avatar'

This has almost happened to me in COD when I'm watching Rator from my deadcam and he's the last guy and the bomb timer is ticking!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------
Man, 42, Dies From 'Over-Excitement' at Watching 'Avatar'

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A 42-year-old Taiwanese man with a history of high blood pressure has died of a stroke likely triggered by over-excitement from watching the blockbuster Avatar in 3D, a doctor has told AFP Tuesday.

The man, identified only by his surname Kuo, started to feel unwell during the screening earlier this month in the northern city of Hsinchu and was taken to hospital.

Kuo, who suffered from hypertension, was unconscious when he arrived at the Nan Men General Hospital and a scan showed that his brain was hemorrhaging, emergency room doctor Peng Chin-chih said.

"It's likely that the over-excitement from watching the movie triggered his symptoms,'' he told AFP.

Kuo died 11 days later from the brain hemorrhage, and the China Times newspaper said it was the first death linked to watching James Cameron's science-fiction epic Avatar.

Film blogging sites have reported complaints of headaches, dizziness, nausea and blurry eyesight from viewers of Avatar and other movies rich in 3D imagery

Keep your ears buttered up while I set fire to the rain!
[SS]Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote