Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-19-2009   #1
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

Guitar Hero: World Tour

Yes its a RB ripoff, but it is very well done. Some say it's overcharted, but when i compared the same songs from GHWT to RB2, it was actually more charted in RB than GH. On the few songs that they duplicate anyway. I felt overall that the GHWT songs were NOT overcharted at all and were actually pretty accurate.

The tapping the regular buttons for some solo parts is so awesome i can't explain it, and the alternating sustains and picking while sustaining notes is fanfuckingtastic. I love it.

Can't comment on the drums until we play the actual GH set (only played with the RB set and its 4 drums not 5) so that remains to be seen. The rest of the game, the making songs etc, i didnt mess with and have no desire to yet, but seems super in depth. The level progression kinda sucks as you have to beat everything or replay them however you can change dificulty mid-song, nice feature if you get stuck.

Worth the $60 imo.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009   #2
Bassani

roommate has it for the Wii, I think all the instruments suck, but thats just me. I dont like the placement of the star power button, you have to palm it which can make you break combo, why not be able to tilt it like the other guitars?

As for the drums, the GH set feels like absolute crap. The pads are too close together, the cymbals are like hitting rocks.

The online matchmaking is crap.

Some of the features that it has is cool, but RB is king by far

Wait till you play bass boss, have fun getting use to the open notes...
Old 02-19-2009   #3
[SS]Rator

Why play bass when i can play guitar? And like i said , cant tell on the drums yet, dont care about the matchmaking but i think it does let you do band vs band, like 4v4 which is sweet. Youre not a guitar guy so you cant really comment on that end of it, like i said i dont care about the bass, but i want to see what we can do with the drums, chenz thinks it could have potential. we may frankenstein another kit and try to make it work. Anyone know how to do that? Like rip off 2 drums from an old set and wire them up to be cymbals for another set?

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
Old 02-19-2009   #4
Bassani

I played the guitar side of it too, the glassy solo notes are cool, I admit to that. I like the eggs and bacon cheat better though as it makes the notes easier to see. I think you should give bass a try, bet it takes you a while to beat BYOB on X bass...

As for your frankenstein kit, try scorehero, there are a bunch of guys who mod the toys. I wonder if Chenz invests into a regular electronic kit and rips apart a RB kit to make it work, then he may have the cymbal support for leftys that the ION lacks? Also then too, he should be able to use it with GH:WT ot GH:M

Dunno for sure though, worth a look though...
Old 04-18-2009   #5
[SS]Rator

Chenz and I played GHWT last nite and the guitar and drum work IMO trumps RB hands down. The one-hand solo parts and the staggered sustains on the guitar are a fantastically fluid addition while the 5th drum on the set adds another level of complexity as well as an enhanced instrumental "feel" to playing the drums. We were laughing, id look over and Chenz would be banging on the ride cymbal, too fun. The GH drums are very well put together and way more solid than the RB drums other than the fact that they rock a bit, however not when playing at all that i noticed.

Song list is "good", and looks like there are some nice DLC tracks. MUST HAVE Steely Dan's Kid Charmelenge for the solo.

Here's the wiki list of songs it comes with and DLC...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Guitar_Hero_4

Old 04-18-2009   #6
Bassani

Try bass with the open notes...
Old 04-18-2009   #7
[SS]Rator

maybe someday, but i play the guitar and drums on expert and that's about it. And its great for that.

Old 04-19-2009   #8
Bassani

try the bass though, its harder than you think, the open notes throw you off when you arent use to them...
Old 04-20-2009   #9
Chenzo
Commies Beware

The drums. I like them.

Chenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #10
[SS]Rator

lmao

Old 04-20-2009   #11
Chenzo
Commies Beware

Yeah... I could go into how I think the drum charts are mildly easier than RB (from the few songs that are in both games) and that I kinda like them to be hard...

I could mention that teh GHWT interface is wonky and whatnot.

I could point out that while GHWT does have some famous awesome songs, it's also got some not-so-famous shitacular songs.

I could say that I thought the RB2 drums were great when I first got them and that I really need to put a 100 hours into the GHWT drums before I could give them a true opinion.

But I won't.

heh.

The GHWT drums are really quite good. The pads are much nicer than RB's, the cymbals add a whole new dimension to the way the game feels. The pedal's action is 1000x better than RBs.

I'm enjoying it for the time being.

Rator needs to get GH:M and bring it over. THEN we'll see what's up.

Old 04-20-2009   #12
DatGuy

hope you can roll the double bass pedals chenz

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009   #13
Bassani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
The GHWT drums are really quite good. The pads are much nicer than RB's, the cymbals add a whole new dimension to the way the game feels. The pedal's action is 1000x better than RBs.
I dont see how you can play all cramped up on such a small kit. As for the pedal, it has no resistance and minimal movement. How can you use a slab of rubber? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
Rator needs to get GH:M and bring it over. THEN we'll see what's up.
Have fun with Dyers Eve...
Old 04-20-2009   #14
[SS]Rator

Yea, I'll pick it up Chenz.

Old 04-20-2009   #15
Chenzo
Commies Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Bassani View Post
I dont see how you can play all cramped up on such a small kit. As for the pedal, it has no resistance and minimal movement. How can you use a slab of rubber? lol

What? Cramped up? The pads are not any smaller than the RB ones, nor are they closer together. There's just cymbals between them. I dunno. Seemed totally natural to me.

As for the pedal, I have NO IDEA what yer problem is. It's AWESOME compared to the RB one. The minimal movement is PERFECT. The action is JUST right... You don't NEED a ton of motion. That was the problem with the RB one. You could move the pedal an inch but have it NOT register.

(Perhaps this is why you constantly break yer pedals. Maybe a little too much stompy stompy.)