Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2004   #1
Chaoshumor
Ensign

Newbie Help

Hello Everyone:

I was wondering if all you veterans could give a newbie some help. I'm still really new to SOCOM II but I'm already addicted! The only problem is I'm not very good yet and they ranking system has me in with guys that are taking me out within the first minute like I'm a sitting duck! I love to play on-line but I would actually like to do some damage and actually contribute to the team rather than just be a target. What I was hoping all you seasoned veterans could do is give me some basic pointers, like strategies that I should employee, tactics that will help ramp up the learning curve, maps that I should stick to, weapons that are newbie friendly, etc. I was also wondering which the easier control layout for a newbie, SureShot or PrecisionShooter? The common senario that I get killed in is I've got and enemy running right towards me and they just turn me into swiss cheese before I can really get a decent shot off on them. I'm using the control lay out that I use the R3 for aiming and strafe with the L3, is this going to take me longer to get a shot or do I need lots of practice? Any pointer would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.

Chaoshumor.
Chaoshumor is offline   Reply With Quote