Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-25-2011   #1
Don

Gunnars

I have been wearing Gunnars for about a year now and oh my God do they perform wonders, lol. I do not get headaches anymore from looking at my pc screen or t.v. for to long. My eyes dont get red and start to burn after a few hours of game play, and the overall picture on my pc screen looks much better! I will list all of the details below, and the picture above is hyper linked for you. Oh and did I mention that they are headset friendly?

What is GUNNAR Optiks?
- GUNNAR Optiks is a technology company that seeks to enhance the abilities of the human visual
system through revolutionary innovations. GUNNAR performance eyewear is engineered to give
even the most demanding digital user an immediate and noticeable visual advantage in the
short term and provide superior optical performance over longer periods.

What does GUNNAR Optiks Make?
- GUNNAR Optiks makes digital performance eyewear that enables the human visual system to
achieve a higher level of performance while in front of any digital screen. GUNNAR eyewear
also protects the eye from the negative side effects associated with using computer or television
screens for extended periods of time.

Why do I need to wear special glasses to look at a computer or television screen?
- It is not uncommon in this digital age that users produce and consume eight hours or more of
digital content per day. The digital user is more likely to spend four times as many hours
interacting with a digital screen than interacting with direct sunlight. GUNNAR digital
performance eyewear gives users a distinct advantage in visual efficiency, visual endurance and
visual recovery.

What results can I expect from wearing GUNNAR digital performance eyewear?
- GUNNAR Optiks digital performance eyewear provides the following benefits:
• An increase in visual resolution
• An increase in contrast
• Sharper, clearer vision
• A reduction in glare and reflective light
• A decrease in eye fatigue
• Higher humidity levels surrounding the eyes
• A reduction in the negative effects related to dry eyes
• An increase in effectiveness, productivity and performance

How does GUNNAR Optiks' digital performance eyewear improve my vision?
- GUNNAR'S proprietary i‐AMP lens technology works with the human optical system to optimize
visual performance when interacting with any digital screen. Digital consumers notice an
immediate increase in contrast, detail and optical resolution as well as a decrease in glare and
visual fatigue.

What is i‐AMP® lens technology?
- GUNNAR'S patent‐pending i‐AMP lens technology is the result of intensive study and research
on the human optical system and its interaction with digital devices at specific distances, and in
specific types of light. Based on optometric principles developed over several years, and fused
with the most recent scientific advances from the GUNNAR tech labs, i‐AMP lens technology
works with and enhances the properties of the human eye. The i‐AMP lens technology
encompasses the following technologies:

• diAMIX lens material
• fRACTYL lens geometry
‐Neoscopic tuned for near distance viewing environments
• i‐FI lens coating
• iONIC lens tints
‐AMBeR lens tint
‐CRyTAL lens tint (specifically designed for tasks/duties that require an equally
balanced color spectrum ie. true color for graphic designers)
‐Gradient GoLD lens tint
‐Gradient GReY lens tint

Can GUNNAR Optiks' eyewear improve my gaming performance?
- Yes. Our proprietary frame and lens technology delivers an immediate and noticeable visual
advantage in the short term and can improve optical performance in the long‐term. We have
customer and pro gamer testimonials that credit GUNNAR's digital performance eyewear as an
excellent solution for visual efficiency, endurance and recovery. It is especially noticeable during
any long marathon sessions.

What if I already wear glasses, can GUNNAR digital performance eyewear come in prescription?
- Yes, GUNNAR offers prescriptive eyewear for individuals who need corrective lenses.

Who should wear high‐performance digital eyewear?
- Anyone who spends time using computers, electronic digital devices or console gaming systems
will benefit from wearing GUNNAR's line of digital performance eyewear. This includes creative
artists, professionals, gamers, dj's, students, programmers, and any office workers. Anyone who
spends extended periods of time in front of digital screens should be wearing GUNNARS.

Can I wear GUNNAR digital performance eyewear all day?
- GUNNAR precision frames are designed with one goal in mind ‐ long haul ergonomics. For visual
endurance, every frame and lens system is engineered for optimal weight, comfort and
durability. Most users prefer the GUNNAR Neoscopic lens for near distance viewing and for
console gaming at intermediate distances, however multi‐tasking throughout the day is not
unusual or harmful.
Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011   #2
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Thanks for the info. We do have a thread on these already though.

http://seasnipers.net/forums/showthr...ghlight=gunnar

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011   #3
[SS]Shooter
CO of Recruit Instruction

Dude, they need to make them ANSI Z87.1-2003 certified, and they should meet or exceed one or more of the following: MIL-PRF-31013, MIL-V-43511C, and CE EN166B.

We're operators and need field-ready gear.

Keep your ears buttered up while I set fire to the rain!
[SS]Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011   #4
Bassani

The ones I have aren't headset friendly really, my headset likes to lift them up off the bridge of my nose. Other than that, I like em...
Old 03-25-2011   #5
[SS]SportoFu
Canadian Chuck Norris

I have some Shredders, I also use them for highway driving. They're pretty sweet.

Shooter, nice Escape from New York avitar lol. I almost got that on a shirt.

[SS]SportoFu is offline   Reply With Quote