Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-22-2003   #31
[SS]Deadeye-R
100% Canadian Beef

K, cool, thanks for the input Rator. I'm just recently learning how to use those kinds of things - adjustment layers and what not. Seems my knowledge of photoshop is increasing expotentially these days. Way too much time on my hands.

[SS]Deadeye-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003   #32
[SS]Deadeye-R
100% Canadian Beef

Vin if you wanna be as cool as us you'll need to get your hands on Photoshop. I use version 6, but 7 is the new version. You can buy it, but thats for law-abiding people like Rator. I downloaded it from Kazaa, and I think Breach and those other guys got it from IMESH. Check it out.

Old 08-22-2003   #33
[SS]Cuervo
I'm an IMPACT PLAYA!!

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!.. those look like the best tasting hamburgers EVER!!! my mouth is watering.. OH PLEASE.. PLEASE SEND ME ONE!!!! overnight that shitt.. next day morning.. delivery..

"SEMPER FRATRES BITCH!"- [SS]Cuervo

"I just do my job man. I do what my god given abilities allow me to do and I thank Jesus Christ for it every

single day. And do I enjoy what I do? heheheheh...HELL YEA!" - Terrible Terry Tate

In Memory of
PEPE
12.1.94 - 6.29.04
[SS]Cuervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003   #34
[SS]Cuervo
I'm an IMPACT PLAYA!!

Quote:
Originally posted by [SS]Deadeye
Vin if you wanna be as cool as us you'll need to get your hands on Photoshop. I use version 6, but 7 is the new version. You can buy it, but thats for law-abiding people like Rator. I downloaded it from Kazaa, and I think Breach and those other guys got it from IMESH. Check it out.
hehe i did it the harder way.. got the demo and got a serial crack for it (since the demo is a full feature and u need the serial number to unlock it)

"SEMPER FRATRES BITCH!"- [SS]Cuervo

"I just do my job man. I do what my god given abilities allow me to do and I thank Jesus Christ for it every

single day. And do I enjoy what I do? heheheheh...HELL YEA!" - Terrible Terry Tate

In Memory of
PEPE
12.1.94 - 6.29.04
[SS]Cuervo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2003   #35
[SS]CJ

Photoshop

Vin,
I just downloaded photoshop 7.0 from Kazaa Lite and it seems to be working fine. Of course, I havent tested every aspect of it (probably never will either). It's really intimidating at first. Make sure you visit all the tutorials, they help a lot.

[SS]CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003   #36
[SS]CJ

Results are in - and the winner is...

First off, let me thank everybody for helping me out. Not only did I get some good stuff, but I also learned a lot. I didn't realize being THE judge would be so difficult. So lets get the show on the road.

The winner for the "Create a Humdinger Logo" contest is Snakebite. Basically, he did what I was trying to do, but I didn't have the knowledge and skill to do it.

I'm changing the rules a bit.

Snakebite, I'm sending you a hat and a t-shirt. What size t-shirt. I have XL and XXL. They're 100% cotton and shrink a lot.

Deadeye and Arkangel, thanks for participating. I'm sending you guys a t-shirt. What size? XL or XXL. I would offer the choice of hat also, but I only ordered 6 hats and only have 1 left.

Deadeye, personally, I really liked your entry of the cup with our logo on it. I had to go with Snakebite's though, because his fit the application that I was going for.

Ark, your entry was really interesting, I couldn't come up with a use for it though.

Thanks again everybody. I'll update the Humdinger site, well...when I get around to it. I did change our logo already though (using Snakebite's design). I'm trying to figure out where to put design acknowledgements.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg humdinger2 copy.jpg (85.3 KB, 39 views)

Last edited by [SS]CJ : 09-04-2003 at 06:50 AM.
Old 09-04-2003   #37
[SS]Snakebite
Thats Mr Sarcastic to you

First I'd like to thank my wardrobe manager.... and my director... :D

I'm just glad I could help. If I had known you would have used mine, I would have spent a little more time with it. XXL shirt will be ok and throw in one of those burgers and a pickle (for Jess) ;) jk

No need to put design rights on it, I just draw for fun.

[SS]Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003   #38
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

Cool. Hey Jammer, if you are going to be printing the new logo i'm not sure i Snake did it in hi-res. Did you snake? Hmmm...otherwise the whole thing may need to be recreated to be able to print it.

Let me know, i can help if so.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003   #39
[SS]Deadeye-R
100% Canadian Beef

Thanks for the compliments man. I gotta give credit to snakebite too because I used his original fixed image for all of my graphics.

Old 09-04-2003   #40
[SS]Snakebite

Oh and I dont want to confuse everyone, I'm not that good at Photoshop. I didn't fix Jammers original pic, I just started from scratch and made one that looked as close as possible. If you take his original and mine and look closely, you can see the difference. And I dont know if it was hi-res or not Rator, Jammer might want to check it out before printing it on a bunch or shirts and stuff.

Old 09-04-2003   #41
JESS7

Actually, he just doesn't know what size shirt he wears because I buy all his clothes for him. I believe he meant to say that he needed and XL shirt. That's what size all his others are, and they're plenty big enough. He's just not much on fashion or things like that, so basically he gets clothes once a year - Christmas time. I can only remember one time that we actually went shopping for him some clothes! Snake, you might listen to the all-knowing Breach on this one though and actually start helping me around the house!

Thanks for the help Breach! lol:)

JESS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003   #42
[SS]CJ

Snake,

I've printed a couple out already. On paper though. They look great. They printed out much larger on paper than they look on the screen. We already have a design for t-shirts and hats. I wanted the logo for the website/webpage. It's the logo in the upper left hand corner. When it comes time to re-do the menus, i may use it for that as well, or one of the others (not quite sure yet). It'll only be one color though. I've taken note of the size, the checks in the mail.

Deadeye, what size?

OK, I've noted your new size Snake. I'm glad the hats are one size fits all.

Just some info regarding sizes. I normally wear an XL t-shirt. But these seem to shrink more than others, so I'm wearing XXL. I'll hold off on mailings til I hear from Deadeye, Ark, and maybe Snake again.

Last edited by [SS]CJ : 09-04-2003 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-04-2003   #43
[SS]SportoFu
Canadian Chuck Norris

I can almost guarantee that Deadeye will take the XL if that's the smallest you have......LOL! j/k D.

[SS]SportoFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003   #44
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

Jammer/Snake...WARNING! Please send me the final file so i can proof it before you print anything on anything. ok? I have no problem checking it out and prepping it for you to print. Just email me.

if the res is wrong or the size is wrong, it could print like ass and youd be out cash.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2003   #45
[SS]Snakebite

I was only kidding before, you don't have to send me anything. Next time I'm up your way, I might like one of those burgers tho. I'll email you the pic Rator to get your input.