Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-17-2003   #16
[SS]Deadeye-R
100% Canadian Beef

Ok Snake, fair enough. I didn't think there was any point in trying to redo your pic since it was so nice to begin with. So really I was paying you a compliment you damn cry baby.

Jammer, I'll come up with something, but as Ark says it is too fuckin hot to use my imagination- 45C - I'm not too sure what that is in F but I think its about 103.

[SS]Deadeye-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003   #17
[SS]CJ

SteveO, yea, I can get you a picture of one of our "typical" burgers. It might take a few days though. Whenever I need to take a dig pic, I have to go borrow the camera from a friend of mine.

I printed everyones submissions and I'll take them over to my moms tomorrow. I downloaded photoshop 6 and 7. Photoshop 7 looked really suspicious though, but I installed 6 and it seems to work fine. I was messin with one of them and changed the color from green to yellow. There's probably a really fast way to do it. It took me over an hour. My guess is it has something to do with that magic wand thing.

I tried to attach the one that I changed colors on, but it won't let me, so I'll post it in the Dinger site.

[SS]CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003   #18
[SS]Snakebite
Thats Mr Sarcastic to you

lol, Deadeye.... I was just yankin your chains anywho. I wasn't entering the contest to win, just to help out a brother. Plus I like playing on Photoshop. :D

[SS]Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003   #19
[SS]SportoFu
Canadian Chuck Norris

I noticed that Paintshop Pro8 has a tool that will separate colors.....so when you click on a certain spot with it, it will only change that color.....not the whole picture. I haven't learned how do it with Photoshop yet!!!

[SS]SportoFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003   #20
[SS]Steve-O
Presidente

Use the magic wand. You can select multiple items at once if you hold "Shift". If you hold down "alt" you can deselect a certin object. Also if you hold "cntrl" and use the lasso tool you can cut out what you would like to repaint or delete the lasso tool probably one of the most used tool by any person who uses photshop.

Here is a great web site for anyone even Rator. It touches on everything from web design to modelling 3d objects. I learned a lot from this site and it continues to teach me. Best of all its absolutly free.

http://www.digital-tutors.com/digital_tutors/
[SS]Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003   #21
[SS]CJ

photoshop

Thanks for info SteveO. I was getting the wand to work, but I didn't know about shift and alt. I'll try em out next time I'm messing around, same goes for that link. I've saved a couple links for photoshop, i'll post em. The ray of light (its the fundy link) looks really sweet. I haven't taken the time to try one, but the tutorial is really detailed, yet simple.

http://user.fundy.net/morris/redirec...otoshop6.shtml

http://www.insidegraphics.com/default.asp

Since this is turning into a "Teach Jammer Photoshop" thread, can you print multiple files on 1 sheet of paper? Not on top of each other though. Let's say I wanted to print out everyones sig. They don't take up much space. It would be a waste of paper to print each one individually.

Wow, it let me attach the image. It's the exact same image that I was trying to attach earlier. weird. Well...maybe its different, I was resizising like a mofo trying to get it to attach.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mini-dinger_yel_woodframe.jpg (9.2 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by [SS]CJ : 08-17-2003 at 05:33 AM.
Old 08-17-2003   #22
[SS]Steve-O
Presidente

Jammer the only way I know how to do it is you make a new document and make it the size of all the sigs hieght added together. and take the widest sig and make that the width of the new document.

For example:
If 14 sigs are 76 pixals high. then you go 14 X 76 = 1064.
Now you may be wondering well that won't fit on a page. The is a option photoshop gives you that makes prininting to a sheet of paper, and making sure you do not cut out anything very easy. When you go to "print with preview" a new option box will pop up and you can chose to scale to fit the page. very handy feature. I suggest you put two or three sigs across that way the images won't be down sized a lot when you print them out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled-2 copy.jpg (40.0 KB, 76 views)
[SS]Steve-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003   #23
[SS]Deadeye-R
100% Canadian Beef

Here's a couple of graphics I thought you might like. I did two different letterings just in case a smaller size would make the letters unreadable. If you like them I can resize them for you.

Old 08-17-2003   #24
[SS]Snakebite
Thats Mr Sarcastic to you

Very Nice Deadeye!! Now your cookin.... with gas.

I can tell you know a lot more about photoshop then me. I'm still a noob. All those little effects you added makes it look like an original old sign on the wall. Nice.

[SS]Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003   #25
[SS]Deadeye-R
100% Canadian Beef

Here's another one. I obviously have too much time on my hands today. I'm still a newb at making graphics from scratch but here is something. It got a bit pixelated in transfer, but I'm sure I can fix it.

Last edited by [SS]Deadeye-R : 08-17-2003 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-18-2003   #26
[SS]CJ

Those are great Deadeye. I was thinkin grafitti also when I saw the one with a brick background texture. Also, we used to have bright yellow plastic cups with our name printed on them, kinda the same principle that you did. It was really expensive though, you'd be amazed how much more money plastic cups are opposed to waxed paper cups. We also had to order like 5,000 cups at a time cause of the printing. Where do you store 5,000 cups? Anyway, that was over 10 years ago.

Old 08-21-2003   #27
[SS]CJ

Hamburger pics

Steve-O, these are for you. I can personally attest to the deliciousness of the 1/3lb. Turkey Burger. As soon as I took off those disgusting red things (tomatoes) that is.

http://home.comcast.net/~humdinger-d...ID-872158.html

http://home.comcast.net/~humdinger-d...ID-872167.html

http://home.comcast.net/~humdinger-d...ID-872170.html

http://home.comcast.net/~humdinger-d...ID-872172.html

Old 08-21-2003   #28
[SS]Vindica8r
rightbehindyou

some one want to hook me up with what ever program your use on here i would like to get in to this looks like fun

[SS]Vindica8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003   #29
JESS7

Are you gonna eat that pickle? lol

JESS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2003   #30
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

Deadeye, with the sign on the wall, if you set the layer that has the sign on it to like, "multiply" or "screen" or Lighten or something, it might look like its on the wall more.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote