Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2006   #1
EL ELYON
Ensign

Clan Structure

Hello SS -

I have been around for a long time and finally got around to making a name on your forums - great site by the way.

I have questions about clan structure as you guys see it. I have been a clan leader since socom 1 and have many soldiers that have stuck with me since. I am putting together again clan structure for us to hopefully gain what I call that extra element, That is obvious here at SS.

In the past I have set up ranks within the clan including platoons for training, and medals that can be achieved we did this back in S1 - I would like ideas to take things to the next level. I seen your picutres from getting together thats just awsome - and the awards you had looked totally worth it to want to be part of SS -

Specifiaclly can tell me what its like to be part of an SS practice? this is very important I believe in working together and learning to be the best we can be; however it is challenging to keep this interesting enough to keep the clan focused.

What is the process you put new recruits through?

How did you overcome the idea of charging a membership to SS?

I understand if you don't want to elaborate on some of the topics i layed out. It's just my quest to continue to run a clan that is "the place to be" a fun, rule abiding, respecful kick as* family of players.

Again I appriciate being part of your forum and all the work you have done to enhance my favorite game. Thank you for letting me post my questions.

- EL ELYON

When a team of dedicated individuals makes a commitment to act as one... the sky's the limit
EL ELYON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006   #2
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Thanks bud, actually alot of how we run things is laid out in the strat guide starting pages 141-143.

We run practices differently all the time. A lot of what we do is practice running formations, weapons training, tactics practice, and especially running our tactics against other clans in scrimmages.

Our recruits are put through and extensive process starting with verifying all members ID's (drivers lisences etc.) making them do phone interviews, taking tests to learn more about the clan, doing taskers, writing essays, and we basically beat them down to nothing then build them back up. Its about a month long process give or take a week or 2.

The dues were not anything to really overcome, we are all adults with jobs etc and $25 a year is nothing. It goes to pay for our store, our forums, our hosting, url, etc.

Any other questions, feel free to email me rator@seasnipers.net

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006   #3
[SS]Vapid

Try to look at the clan as a job. Each member will get out as much as they put in. There has to be a level of accountability that the clan, and each individual, can be help to. You as the Clan Leader will decide what that level will be and will recruit individuals that fit the mold of what you want your clan to be.

In regards to practice, we have ‘open’ and ‘closed’ practices. Some of them are optional others are not. The important thing is to have a consistent program and good communication. All of our guys know what we will be doing for each practice.
Old 02-14-2006   #4
NEO-X

Ladies and Gentlemen, My fearless leader has finally made it to the SS boards..

Nice to see ya here EL

NEO-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006   #5
EL ELYON
Ensign

Thanks guys

Many thanks to the quick response - Vapid and Rator -

email coming soon Rator -

Vapid i agree having responsibility "a job" in the clan helps with buy in on decisions, it impowers your members to make recomendations and positive reinforcement. There are many aspects to running a sucessful clan for the parts to work the parts have to work.

I totally agree were all adults Rator our ages go from 18 to 51. I have been kind of footing the bill for some of the expenses. I am looking at increasing the benifit to the clan with awards and a store. What I am working on is I want to show even more value of being a member. All proceeds would definatly go back to the clan members but how? is the part I am wanting to pinpoint. I realize I and the clan will have to define this. -

Thanks again -

- EL

When a team of dedicated individuals makes a commitment to act as one... the sky's the limit
EL ELYON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006   #6
[SS]Vapid

Quote:
Originally posted by EL ELYON
All proceeds would definatly go back to the clan members but how? is the part I am wanting to pinpoint.
For me, I have friends in [SS]. That's what I gain out of being in our clan. Our clan goes beyond Socom and these forums. I could sum it up in two words...

Semper Fratres
Old 02-14-2006   #7
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Our guys dont pay for the privelage to be an SS, they all just chip in for SS expenses. What do they get? Shirts, hats, gear etc, the forums, our url, and access to all that stuff. Thats what the dues are for.

And yes our members have additional duties. Co and XO of communications, battle, training, recruiting, you name it, we have men in charge of everything. Setting up matches, practices, keeping us up to date on community goings on etc.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006   #8
NEO-X

Damn, you guys pretty much run a business.

Sea Snipers Inc. (might as well get incorporated for all of the nice tax write offs)

NEO-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006   #9
=LOS= GRIFTER
Lieutenant

LOL^

Anywho, hey EL, what's up. Guys (SS), we are trying to re-build the clan structure wise. Thanks for your understanding and help.

Grif

Only the dead have seen the end of me...
=LOS= GRIFTER is offline   Reply With Quote