Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2003   #1
[SS]Dr.Who

I cannot loggin to S2!!!!!!! HELP

Hey everyone. I got my S2 last night!!! I could not drive the 45 minute drive home fast enough, I think it took maybe 10 minutes or so LOL. I am running into my house, trampsing over the 2.5 year old as he cannot get up our stairs fast enough (little rat bastage needs to learn to move!!! j/k). I slam the game into my PS2 turn it on, grab the controller, keyboard and head set. Before the SOCOM II screen can even load I AM SITTIN ON THE COUCH "WIRED FOR SOUND" AND RARING TO GO, DAMN THIS THING LOADS SLOW AS SHIT (COULDNT THEY MAKE THE LOADING FASTER FOR CHRIST SAKES!!!!!)!!!!!!!!!.

I get the main menu, I open my manual to page 27 (getting online instructions), I click "X" on the word ONLINE...is it true I am gonna be palying S2 ONLINE any minute now???? I am gonna bust, my heasrt is racing and I and swelling with excitemment (my wife is shaking her head, she is still pissed about the baby getting trampsed on I guess....... who cares I am going online now).
The next screen pops up, I notice a familiar screen for loggin in so my heart leaps in my chest, I am gonna start sweating from anticipation..................then BAM !! I get this piece of shit disclaimer that "no network adaptor is detected. I need to get a NA or proper USB for online play. Press "X" to return to main menu. I think to myself, cool press "X" and set it up. So I do press "X", the 5 seconds later instead of being able to configure my settings,......................... I am back to the MAIN MENU!!!!!!!!

HHHmmmmm I must have done something wrong I guess. So I try again, same thing. Maybe I hit a button prematurely, so I try again. SAME FUCKING THING AGAIN, AS A MATTER OF FACT FOR 2 FUCKING HOURS THE SAME FUCKING THING HAPPENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Meanwhile I am talking to (newly promoted power pimp) Captain C, he is telling me to do this and try that. He has been on for so FUCKING long now that he is about to get his first MV-fucking-P in S2. How fucked is that, I am the 3rd peep to get the game in our clan, I cannot get online and he rubs it in about his first MVP, what happened to sympathy pains??????????????????????????????

To bring my exctement down to the normal level, I get to complete the first mission, I bought the SOCOM players guide and I am going through the mission slowely and completing all the mission and secondary schtuff, which is actually pretty cool. I will enjoy the single player version ( I think so far) very much.

I am PISSED because apparently the ONLY WAY TO GET ONLINE IS TO HAVE A FUCKING $40 Sony NA. I dont understand why they did this to me. I play other online games just fucking fine, without the SONY NA!!!!! I am using the USB port on front of PS2 and a USB adapter connecting the PS2 to my router..............S1 works fine, Madden 04 works fine and ATV off road works just god damn fucking (sorry GOD and Weeps) FINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so pissed I got ZERO damn sleep last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCREW SONY AND THEIR DAMN NETWORK ADAPTOR

I meant to type two line..............
1.) I am using a USB adaptor to try and get online
2.) Is anyone else doing this and can you get online, what am I doing wrong???????

I am dying so I brought my PS2 to work today with S2 in the machine. I want SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad to play S2, *head in hands crying like Weepers little biatch*.

I got the DEMO for the single player and that piece of shit would not even load!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

@least I got the single player (missing Kahuna.wtf) and wonderfully missing BOOMER.............................

I am going to my Cable Lab and try againa and again and again, again................... if any one was able to get online using USB adaptor, call me 703 926 2143 and help a grown man to stop "WEEPING" lol GROWN MEN DO CRY, you take my word on it!!!