Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Movie/TV Reviews
FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2010   #1
[SS]Switters
sweets to the sweet

Looking for something to watch?

all righty, so as some of you may have noticed, i am a huge fan of horror movies. good, bad, whatever, i love em and will watch just about anything once. i wanted to start up a list of older, not in theatre movies for people to check out if they were bored or looking for something to watch. i'm also always on the lookout for something new to check out. so if you've seen something noteworthy, either good or bad, hit this up and tell the world.

zombie flicks, and i mean the undead like day of the dead, etc, and not infected movies, ie 28 days later.

-shaun of the dead. simon pegg is so awesome and this is one of the best zombie flicks ever imo for humor and gore. good stuff

-army of darkness. bruce, the chin, campbell. he's my hero lol, love this flick, and btw, evil dead the musical is freaking awesome. i saw it last halloween for my b-day and it was hysterical.

-dead snow. nazi zombies. 'nuff said

-dance of the dead. a quirky "zomedy" about some misfits who try to save the senior prom from being ruined by the undead. it's all right, if you're bored and have nothing better to do.

supernatural horror-

-hellraiser's 1 and 2. my favorite horror flicks of all time. weird, perverse, philosophical horror. clive barker is the man imo and the first 2 movies in the hellraiser series are kick ass. the rest of the hellraiser movies not so much imo.

-the exorcist. william peter blatty's movie about possession is so freaky, as a kid this movie scared me more than any other movie i ever saw. i think the book is almost as scary and it's weird to say that about a book i think.

-the exorcism of emily rose. overall not as scary as the exorcist imo but there a couple of scenes that are down right freaky. demonic possession freaks me out.

one to look forward to is "the last exorcism". it's being produced by eli roth and the story is the exorcist in the movie, cotton something or another, fakes exorcisms to fleece people of their money. during his last exorcism he actually encounters the real deal. supposed to be in a mockumentary style. i'm intrigued.

creature flicks-

-alien. the 1st installment is not as good imo as the 2nd one but for tense, weird scary aliens you've never seen before it's worth a watch. plus it's in space which ups the tense factor

-pitch black. imo this one was the reimagined "alien" of the last few years. shares a lot in common with "alien"

-feast. this movie is bad, but in that really awesome good, funny sort of way imo. it's worth a check if you are bored.

anywho, there's a few to start this out, hopefully someone out there will find something to watch from this list, or even better, have something to add to it. thx all

[SS]Switters is offline   Reply With Quote