Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-29-2007   #1
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Black Pack update (GOOD NEWS)

Rainbow Six Vegas Black Pack Update (good news)

Ubi has send me the official word on the RSV Black Pack (which went MIA earlier this week) and it is good news:

‘Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas Black Pack Downloadable Content for Xbox 360 Live was originally intended to be free content for the fans of Rainbow Six Vegas. We apologize for the error. All players who purchased the Black Pack will be reimbursed automatically. The Black Pack will be posted Saturday June 30th and will be free of charge. Also, as a token of our appreciation for the Rainbow Six community, we are making the Red Pack free as of Friday July 6th as well. Thanks for playing and we hope you enjoy this free content.’

Make sure your account information is up to date so we can properly apply the credit!

As I understand it the content should go out after 0300 PT.

Click here for my source

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007   #2
Bassani

Edit: * All players who purchased the Black Pack will be reimbursed automatically within 8 to 10 weeks.

Too bad we didnt wait on the Red then. bigcry3
Old 06-29-2007   #3
Bassani

I think the whole real reason this is going to be free is cuz its supposed to be free on the PS3. Not sure though.

Maybe they will reimburse the red as well?
Old 06-30-2007   #4
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

Quote:
Originally posted by [SS]Bassani
I think the whole real reason this is going to be free is cuz its supposed to be free on the PS3. Not sure though.

Maybe they will reimburse the red as well?
Nope. Just the black. It's not uncommon that "eventually" some of the downlaod pack become free, as was the cases with Halo and Gears of War.

“Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next.” - Captain America
[SS]Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #5
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Waiting 2 months before getting DLC may be wise for the future....madsmiley

Old 06-30-2007   #6
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Ok wait, how can they charge SOME of us for the red pack and not others? Are you SURE they aren't going to reimburse us for the red pack too?

Either way, the free pack is sweet!

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007   #7
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Yes the the free black pack is sweet sweet candy. (Especially when you compare with the biterness that is Zipper.)

As far as the Red Pack...I guess they can do what they want. They did not say that they would not reimburse us for the red pack, but they did not say that they would either....and yes being as they will offer it for free starting July 6th to those who waited but not for those who grabed it when it came out is rather bitter.

Ubi = sweettart shiftyeyes

Old 06-30-2007   #8
[SS]Grifter
Infidel

Quote:
Originally posted by [SS]Rator
Ok wait, how can they charge SOME of us for the red pack and not others? Are you SURE they aren't going to reimburse us for the red pack too?

Either way, the free pack is sweet!
It's like paying for an exclusive. You can buy it, and for the first "X" number of months, play it exclusively with your friends.

There is no gaurantee that any DLC on the marketplace goes free eventually. To my knowledge, most doesn't. There's only been a select amount of DLC that cost previously, and now is free. The main reason that it's free NOW, is because it comes free with the PS3 version of the game.

But no, there will not be a refund for the Red Pack. Only the current one that's been released.

“Weapons down or I will not be responsible for what comes next.” - Captain America
[SS]Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007   #9
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Ok so we know that the rumor was true about MS not allowing devs to charge for stuff thats free on ps3, (i think muddy gave us that intel? thanks?! lol) so if thats the case, they should reimburse us for the red pack too. Dunno, we'll see, either way, 10 new maps, 2 new modes for about $8-$10 in about 6 months, and like 3 patches...nice. I will TOTALLY take that shit right there!

thumbsup

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote