Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-22-2009   #1
TR1KSTER

Going to Join Navy Seals

When I join the navy when the time comes to choose between different things like the demolilition team, and navy seals there are others, but I only wanted to give the one my pop wanted to join but didn't because he was married in case anything went wrong, and the one I plan on joining. I've already started taking my training seriously. Hmmmph the funny thing is I've never been more sure about something in my life it's like I was ment to join this.

I play to win, and I win because I play. But to get on my level you can't win, you have to dominate the field.
TR1KSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009   #2
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Congrats, good luck!

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009   #3
TR1KSTER

Thank you.

I play to win, and I win because I play. But to get on my level you can't win, you have to dominate the field.
Old 12-23-2009   #4
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

If you want to do it commit to it 110%. Its more mental then physical.

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009   #5
[SS]Shooter
CO of Recruit Instruction

There are many books that describe the process and give you an idea of the physical requirements.

Keep your ears buttered up while I set fire to the rain!
[SS]Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009   #6
[SSr]LouSaynis

Good luck with BUD/S! If you haven't seen it, here is a link to a document put out by NSW for BUD/S candidates for a baseline fitness. And like Wally said, commit at least 110%

http://www.sealswcc.com/Downloads/Tr...ning_Guide.pdf
Old 12-23-2009   #7
Sabotage

Much respect man. Good luck and I wish you the best, really I do.

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009   #8
TR1KSTER

Thank you guys thank you. And thanks wally I plan on that.

Old 12-23-2009   #9
Chenzo
Commies Beware

Yeah, good luck...

I know 2 squids who failed/quit outta seal training... said it SUUuuuUUUuuckkkked.

Be prepared for that shiz.

Chenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009   #10
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
Yeah, good luck...

I know 2 squids who failed/quit outta seal training... said it SUUuuuUUUuuckkkked.

Be prepared for that shiz.
I resemble that remark...ha ha. About 75% of the EOD guys are BUDS-Duds.

Just for the record it is a WONDERFUL recruiting tool. This is how it goes:

I'm your recruiter...I offer you SEALs. You get all worked up and excited about it. You can't believe that YOU are being considered. Then once you get to BUDs they have about a 90+% drop rate. Once you drop...guess what, the Navy has you for the next four years to do what they want with you. It isn't like you can say; well I gave it a try and it didn't work out for me. Then walk away. No, you are LOCKED into a four + year contract. It's a great recruiting tool!!!

Just have the right mind set when you enter--as everyone has already pointed out.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009   #11
Risen GBG

I have a half brother that was a Seal... after his duty was over he ended up working in the pool at NASA... he went in as a bit of a physical freak - but the stories he'd tell of the program were pretty incredible. The program really is designed to break you down mentally and physically...

To get you past your perceived limits and make you aware of the real ones...

It's a tough job man... good luck!
Risen GBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009   #12
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

Good luck with the SEALS thing. It's a tough program. No BS there. But it's like the saying goes, "If you love something, let it go. If it loves you back, then it will return to you." Something like that, anyways Best of Luck.

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009   #13
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

Just do it, and dont quit. Don't ever quit. If your going to do it commit. As long as your not a fatass you can make it. Its in the brain. I wish I would've because my heart would've helped me make it.

If you have the opportunity, take it. Just don't quit. Dang, I wish I had the opportunity when I was a kid.

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009   #14
TR1KSTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risen GBG View Post
I have a half brother that was a Seal... after his duty was over he ended up working in the pool at NASA... he went in as a bit of a physical freak - but the stories he'd tell of the program were pretty incredible. The program really is designed to break you down mentally and physically...

To get you past your perceived limits and make you aware of the real ones...

It's a tough job man... good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Showstoper View Post
Good luck with the SEALS thing. It's a tough program. No BS there. But it's like the saying goes, "If you love something, let it go. If it loves you back, then it will return to you." Something like that, anyways Best of Luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Wally View Post
Just do it, and dont quit. Don't ever quit. If your going to do it commit. As long as your not a fatass you can make it. Its in the brain. I wish I would've because my heart would've helped me make it.

If you have the opportunity, take it. Just don't quit. Dang, I wish I had the opportunity when I was a kid.
Yea I've already started training in this nice freezing cold snowy weather, which will help my lungs for when I run in the warmer air. Just from tellin people they feel unerving while talking me, which I don't understand much. I know several people who are Seals one is in Africa at the moment and has been away there for a month now. The other I'm not so sure of. And the NASA thing trying to break you down mentally and physically would probably be hard to do because when you train to be a Seal and they make you mentally stronger they are making you face you fear to be able to do it without hesitation, which I have done with one of my fears, which is height not afraid of heights the thought of falling. And I have faced that 2 days ago. I started climbing up trees with no ropes, or ladders. not even branches to step on to give me a boost just rapped my legs around like a sloth and got up a 25 foot tree in 10 seconds. Well got up to the first branch 25 feet up.

Old 12-29-2009   #15
[SS]Grunt
Sube Power!!!!!!!

nice so,,, are u in the navy yet? u know the whole process right??? no walk in the park, i hope u can run 12 and lower runtimes, the physical aspect yes its rough. i thought being in an outfit like that its classified to disclose ur whereabouts,, wow they can be subject to U.C.M.J forsure,oh well goodluck. oh yea best believe if u are hearing that from a recuirter they will tell u that they can give u the sky if u sign,, they say whatever to get u in. just know u have to really show urself cause the dropout rates for Seal/Ranger are crazy!! i know on both cause i was enlisted in the Marines and currently in the Army, both are very hard programs to get but if u are strong,, u will get it. remember 'pain is weakness coming from the body',,,

-Arthur M. Jenkins- (May 1954- Feb 05)
-Somebody, somewhere is training, and when u meet them they will win,,

Last edited by [SS]Grunt : 12-29-2009 at 03:11 PM.
[SS]Grunt is offline   Reply With Quote