Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-17-2011   #1
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Quote:
Microsoft's previously announced Avatar Kinect will be launching this Spring through Xbox Live. Avatar Kinect will be able to track features like your smile, laugh, and even the raise of your eyebrows while you chat online with friends using your Xbox Live Avatar in virtual theme worlds.

"When it rolls out later this spring, Avatar Kinect will let you hang out and socialize with seven of your friends in a simulated environment,” said Umaimah Mendhro, a senior product manager for Microsoft Startup Business Group. “The gathering spots will range from the set of a late-night talk show to a tailgate party to a magical forest.”

According to Mendhro, Avatar Kinect will let you and up to seven of your friends in one of these gathering spots. Watch the video of Avatar Kinect in action after the break.

I honestly cannot wrap my head around Avatar Kinect, especially since the Kinect has an actual camera on it. Maybe it will be fun, but I'm not buying into it. Sure I love all of the Avatar items I can buy (yes I have every Final Fantasy 13 outfit) but I just can't ever see myself using this. What about you? Are you excited for the Avatar Kinect service?

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...#ixzz1MfIdAY9R

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #2
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

It's Spring! No...no it is actually Summer....guess they were a bit late with this.

Quote:

Avatar Kinect is now available for download. Once the download is complete, you can either select ‘Play Now’ from the download screen, or later, you can return to the Guide and select the “Games” tab, then “Quick Launch” to play. If you have FunLabs, go to “My Gadgets” and select “Avatar Kinect.” Once you upload your movies, then go to KinectShare.com where you can watch the video, download it or share it out on Facebook.

Old 07-26-2011   #3
AEJustin1

cool enough, I just got a kinect today for $55, all I have to get is a power cord for it, the dude selling it brought his slim xbox over so I could see that the kinect worked. Found a power adapater on ebay for $11.30 shipped with 2-3 day shipping. WOOO I'll be kinecting it up this weekend for sure haah

If you don't stand behind our troops. Please feel free to stand in front of them...
PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
AEJustin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011   #4
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Nice deal man.

So with this Avatar Kinect you can record your session and post it to Facebook. As far as I can see Facebook is the only option. I can see folks creating their own "talk shows" using this....

Old 07-26-2011   #5
AEJustin1

hhah YES! I'll do my own version of the conan o'brien show lol

If you don't stand behind our troops. Please feel free to stand in front of them...
PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
Old 08-03-2011   #6
AEJustin1

Anyone else with a kinect want to hook up sometime and get the achievements for avatar kinect?

PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
Old 08-03-2011   #7
Bassani

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEJustin1 View Post
Anyone else with a kinect want to hook up sometime and get the achievements for avatar kinect?
WHORE!!! lol I'd whore out with ya but you're not really my type... lol I got rid of mine a little while back for lack of room =/
Old 08-03-2011   #8
AEJustin1

haah yea I am over 70k gamerscore now lol. Just got my kinect about 2 weeks ago off craigslist for $55, must say I am enjoying it more than I thought I would

PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
Old 08-03-2011   #9
Bassani

yea, you have about 8k on me I think...
Old 08-03-2011   #10
AEJustin1

woohoo! lol now if only they would implent a system to where you could exchange gamerscore for microsoft points....

PROUD to be an AMERICAN!
Old 08-03-2011   #11
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Sure I can help you out with this sometime. Hit me up on Live on when is good for you.

Old 08-03-2011   #12
AEJustin1

awesome, we'll have to try that this weekend. I just had surgery yesterday so I can't do a whole hell of a lot at the moment.

PROUD to be an AMERICAN!