Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-18-2006   #1
Mafia

Anyone know how to make a silencer?

i am looking to make a silencer for my paintball gun, but seeing its kinda illegal its hard to find instructions on how to make one..

any help?

The only people that will see the end of this war, are dead ones.
Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #2
[SS]Raiden
2 Words for ya " SUCK IT"

its not illegal, at least where im at, and you can buy them right off line, any good paintball supply will have it.

--------------- LICK MY PASTE!!!!! -------------
[SS]Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #3
[SS]Hoot
Ex-SS

Seeing how as its EXTREMELY! illegal. A public forum is not a good place to discuss something like that. I highly recomend not trying.

The Defense Department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid.
[SS]Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006   #4
[SS]Hoot
Ex-SS

LOL.... wow same time for posting. As far as I know. Silencers of any kind are illegal. You can only get mock silencers. The reason being, anything that can silence a paintball marker, would be able to silence a real weapon.

The Defense Department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid.
Old 03-18-2006   #5
[SS]Raiden

Quote:
Originally posted by [SS]Hoot
Seeing how as its EXTREMELY! illegal. A public forum is not a good place to discuss something like that. I highly recomend not trying.

its not illegal for a paintball gun , where you losers live at?

Old 03-18-2006   #6
Mafia

Lol i live in minnesota, and as far as i knew it was a federal law ( nation wide ) sivilian possession of a silencer is against the law

Old 03-18-2006   #7
[SS]Vapid

I sometimes wonder if California is going to ban paintball guns too.
Old 03-18-2006   #8
[SS]Raiden

a silencer for a paintgun and a real gun are completely 2 different things

Old 03-18-2006   #9
[SS]Hoot
Ex-SS

BUT.... If it can silence a paintball marker... it could silence a real firearm. Therefore, illegal.

Old 03-19-2006   #10
[SS]Shooter
CO of Recruit Instruction

Okay, let's just hold it for a sec...

Firearm silencers are not illegal in most states. They fall under Class 3 weapons status, the same as machine guns. You can possess/use them if you live in AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WY and have a Class 3 license OR pay a special tax.

A paintball silencer falls into a grey area. It's likely not going be be good enough to silence a firearm, nor does it need to be. There are many plans online for these. Don't build it for uses outside of its intended paintball purpose.

Keep your ears buttered up while I set fire to the rain!

Last edited by [SS]Shooter : 03-19-2006 at 03:34 AM.
[SS]Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #11
[SS]Raiden

Quote:
Originally posted by [SS]Shooter
Okay, let's just hold it for a sec...

Firearm silencers are not illegal in most states. They fall under Class 3 weapons status, the same as machine guns. You can possess/use them if you live in AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WY and have a Class 3 license, and pay a special tax.

A paintball silencer falls into a grey area. It's likely not going be be good enough to silence a firearm, nor does it need to be. There are many plans online for these. Don't build it for uses outside of its intended paintball purpose.
ok DAD, but i knew i was right

Old 03-19-2006   #12
[SS]Hoot
Ex-SS

Aren't class 3 licenses only available to law enforcement and military personel? I was pretty sure no civilian could posess a automatic weapon.

Old 03-19-2006   #13
[SS]Shooter
CO of Recruit Instruction

Negative, Hoot.

My first post should have added the following note:

Any Class 3 license holder can get new automatic weapons and silencers. Becoming a Class 3 license holder is a little tricky, but it is available to most anyone that wants to go through the time and trouble to obtain one. This is a dealer's license, and you had better sell a few guns to someone besides yourself or they will take it away. You can get brand new, full auto HK5's for the factory price of $1,350 or whatever. This doesn't really give you the right to 'own' these weapons or 'shoot' them, but as a dealer you can possess and test them.

Here's the interesting thing: Silencers and machine guns are NFA (national firearms act) weapons. Even if you DON'T have a Class 3 license, and you live in the 40 or so states that allow NFA weapons, you can obtain a genuine NFA full-auto gun or a silencer simply by paying an NFA tax.

You don't need to meet any other qualifications other than being able to own a handun in that state and paying the tax.

However, the only NFA guns transferrable to non-Class 3 license holders are pre-1986 guns, as a law was passed in 1986 banning future civilian importation of machine guns. So, as you may have guessed, pre-86 guns with full auto are VERY expensive.

For example, Steyhr AUG (STG 77 as you know it). Regular semi-auto = $2,500 Full auto, pre 86 = $16,000

Bushmaster semi AR-15 $1,000, Pre-86 auto $13,000.

MAC-10, semi auto $400, full auto pre 86 $3,000

So, yes they are readily available but at a high price. My state, Illinois, doesn't allow NFA weapons.

This all sucks in my opinion. The fucking liberals and their gun control. Civilians should have the right to purchase new, full-auto weapons at reasonble prices. If the police can get full autos new, I should be able to get them. I have the same rights to protection as a policeman, government official, etc. They shouldn't be able to better arm themselves than the common man, as this leads to totalitarianism.

BTW, do you know how many legally owned, full-autos have been used in a crime since they were invented? Answer = 1, by a cop who was off duty when he murdered someone in 1933.

Keep your ears buttered up while I set fire to the rain!

Last edited by [SS]Shooter : 03-19-2006 at 03:33 AM.
[SS]Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006   #14
Mafia

99% of the silencers you see to buy for a piantball gun are called "Mock Silencers" meaning they look like ones, but thats it.

But i finally found a site and it gave me instructions to make one.. but thanks for your guys help

Old 03-19-2006   #15
TIMEX.
Commander

Quote:
Originally posted by [SS]Shooter
Negative, Hoot.

My first post should have added the following note:

Any Class 3 license holder can get new automatic weapons and silencers. Becoming a Class 3 license holder is a little tricky, but it is available to most anyone that wants to go through the time and trouble to obtain one. This is a dealer's license, and you had better sell a few guns to someone besides yourself or they will take it away. You can get brand new, full auto HK5's for the factory price of $1,350 or whatever. This doesn't really give you the right to 'own' these weapons or 'shoot' them, but as a dealer you can possess and test them.

Here's the interesting thing: Silencers and machine guns are NFA (national firearms act) weapons. Even if you DON'T have a Class 3 license, and you live in the 40 or so states that allow NFA weapons, you can obtain a genuine NFA full-auto gun or a silencer simply by paying an NFA tax.

You don't need to meet any other qualifications other than being able to own a handun in that state and paying the tax.

However, the only NFA guns transferrable to non-Class 3 license holders are pre-1986 guns, as a law was passed in 1986 banning future civilian importation of machine guns. So, as you may have guessed, pre-86 guns with full auto are VERY expensive.

For example, Steyhr AUG (STG 77 as you know it). Regular semi-auto = $2,500 Full auto, pre 86 = $16,000

Bushmaster semi AR-15 $1,000, Pre-86 auto $13,000.

MAC-10, semi auto $400, full auto pre 86 $3,000

So, yes they are readily available but at a high price. My state, Illinois, doesn't allow NFA weapons.

This all sucks in my opinion. The fucking liberals and their gun control. Civilians should have the right to purchase new, full-auto weapons at reasonble prices. If the police can get full autos new, I should be able to get them. I have the same rights to protection as a policeman, government official, etc. They shouldn't be able to better arm themselves than the common man, as this leads to totalitarianism.

BTW, do you know how many legally owned, full-autos have been used in a crime since they were invented? Answer = 1, by a cop who was off duty when he murdered someone in 1933.
Sounds like he knows what he's talking about huh? lol
Nice post shooter.

TIMEX. is offline   Reply With Quote