Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-12-2013   #1
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

XBOX is the future of living room entertainment

Or so says Microsoft.

With the Kinect and the future Illumination the Xbox's potential to revolutionize all forms of entertainment in the living room blows the mind. The technology boom seems focused around interactivity with the Kinect and Illumiroom, as well as content with the addition of content and apps like movies, TV shows, CNN, Hulu, web browsing and more.

It's a long article but if you are curious about it visit the link and read it. Otherwise here is the first and last couple paragraphs.

Quote:
Xbox Execs Talk Momentum and the Future of TV
Feb. 11, 2013
At the D: Dive into Media conference, Microsoft’s Yusuf Mehdi and Nancy Tellem discuss Xbox entertainment growth and strategy.
Send EMail
inShare13

REDMOND, Wash. – Feb. 11, 2013 — Living room entertainment is in its largest evolutionary period since the transitions of black-and-white to color, and from standard definition to high definition. The Xbox 360, alongside Microsoft’s entertainment industry partners, is at the forefront of that evolution as one of the only devices that brings all forms of entertainment together in one device, while making access to content easy and providing new ways to interact with existing programming. In 2012, the amount of TV and other entertainment offerings on Xbox almost tripled, now surpassing 100 custom, voice-controlled TV and entertainment apps on Xbox LIVE.

“Yes, we started with video games, but we have been on a journey to make Xbox the center of every household’s entertainment,” says Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president of Microsoft’s Interactive Entertainment Business.

Pioneering the Future of TV

In addition to Xbox Entertainment Studios creating content that will highlight what’s possible and demonstrate the capability of the Xbox platform, Microsoft will continue to partner with content creators, networks, aggregators and advertisers to “pioneer the future of TV,” says Tellem.

During 2013, Microsoft is planning to launch more than 40 new voice-controlled, customized TV and entertainment apps on Xbox.

“We want to partner with the industry to bring entertainment into a new era,” she says. “It’s an era when interactive entertainment becomes the greatest form of all entertainment – and we couldn’t be more excited to play a part in it.”

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #2
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

There we go. Can't wait for it. Now I will probably move everything out of my gaming room and paint the walls white.

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #3
DatGuy

been hearing rumors that the new xbox wont even turn on unless you have a connect plugged in

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013   #4
Tagger

Microsoft and Sony are both pursuing the same (or very similar) end-state in terms of how they want their products to be integrated into the homes of the near future. A Sony spokesperson said years ago that one of their goals was to make their console THE family entertainment portal for television, movies, and gameplay. They also said, and this was at least a decade ago, they envisioned their console being integrated into things like remote appliance and lighting control for the home. So, each might have a different gameplan on how to establish their hardware in our homes. But, the battleground between these two is definately expanding.

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013   #5
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Yes Tagger they are. I am watching the progress of both closely. So far Sony has only proven they have lost touche with the consumer. They have in recent time changed up some staffing with the goal of regaining that. But have not yet shown anything for it. I expect to see something from them along these lines around Christmas time or at the very least E3 next year. But for now Xbox is King. Here is another reason why I and the general consumer market agree with that last statement:

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote