Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-29-2009   #1
Tagger

Vote Yes 360 Newbie

I bought an elite yesterday thinking I could enjoy some 360 exclusive titles while waiting for PS3 games I'm looking forward to. It could be the other way around though. While I love racing with my PS3, I think I may wind up converting most of my gaming time to my new console. My first night with the 360 was eye-opening to say the least.

I'm already a Netflix subscriber but I didn't know about streaming to the 360. Nice feature. I wish Netflix offered more titles for streaming. Still, it's a nifty feature.

I've only just started GAW1. It rocks. Loving the cover system! Bought GAW2 at lunch today so it'll be ready to unwrap when I complete the first one. Got a copy of Forza 2 on the way too. I love racing games.

Can someone comment on how much game time on average you're getting with a controller before recharging/replacing batteries? I picked up a charger kit today. Just curious.

I keep hitting the d-pad with my left thumb looking for the left analog stick. That's going to take some un-learning to overcome. But, the controller feels good.

Some may be thinking, "wow dude, you're just now figuring out the 360 is better for gaming than the PS3?"....yea, I'm slow like that. I've always owned a playstation console. But, lately I've been wanting to find out what was so great and wonderful about the 360 though. All I can say is I wish I had bought one about a year ago.

My gamertag is Tagger68. Maybe I'll bump into some SS or friends of the SS online sometime.

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #2
Chenzo
Commies Beware

oh oh!

be my friend too!

Chenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #3
DatGuy

Forza is awesome, its like GT except with better controls and DAMAGE

I get a long time out of my batteries, I think its like 30+ hours...

I play gears a lot still myself

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #4
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Congrats! Not sure how much gametime you get on a controller, and GAW you mean Gears of War? Forza 2 is great too. You'll get used to the controller, i think i like it better, but certain games it cramps my hand.

360 has the best games period unless you're dead set on MGS (which is more movie than game i hear) or little big planet lol...

I sent you a friends invite, you can do it from their website too, xbox.com

Welcome to the dark side. It's way more fun over here...

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #5
Bassani

Batteries depend on how much you play. I myself do alot of RockBand2 gaming so those are wired instruments.

I do have 3 battery packs and a charger so I always have fresh batteries for my controller if need be, 1 in the controller and 2 on the charger at all times.

Usually I go through a pack anywhere from 2-4 days. Again, it depends on how much youre going to play.

As for your thoughts on the 360 vs a PS, dw, I was the same way, ask any SS, I really despised the move, but I'm glad we did, despite being on my 8th 360. Ive just had bad luck with the eye going bad an the Red Rings of Death.

The controller will come to you fairly quick and I thing youll find it better than the PS style controllers.

As for games to get, you have a good start, kinda hard to rec games as it really depends on what youre into. I myself am an avid RockBand 2 player. You know we play CoD:WaW, CoD4 is a good one, there are just way too many GOOD titles to name, lol.

Good luck, have fun and see you online sometime...
Old 01-29-2009   #6
Chenzo
Commies Beware

I've got good ol' standard rechargable AA & AAA batteries.

works in ALL my stuff. GH/RB intruments, 360 controllers, camera, gps, tv remotes, etc...

I'd recommend them to anyone - specially people with Children.

Chenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #7
Tagger

Thanks for the responses and invites. I meant Gears of War. I think I'm confusing the acronym with another 360 game but I don't know the title.

I've been playing CoD4 and CoDWaW on my PS3 with one of my brothers. And, he hasn't put his 360 online yet....... now I'm wishing he would. Not sure about buying another copy for the 360 because there are too many games to spend money on. It really depends on what's coming down the pike or how long the SS and friends will be hanging out on the current CoD titles. Any idea?

I feel like I'm cheating on my girlfriend. My PS3 was giving me "that look" as I left for work this morning.

Old 01-29-2009   #8
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Yea but your 360 is better looking, thinner and lets you play WAY more games with her lol...

We've played thru COD4 and now on to CODW@W and i think i heard another version of COD4MW is coming out. COD4MW2 lmao. So we'll be here a while unless something better comes down the pike.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009   #9
DatGuy

rator, what about Civil War Secret missions

its got SWEET LOAD ANIMATIONS

Old 01-29-2009   #10
Tagger

Not falling for that ^^^^ lol

Old 01-30-2009   #11
DatGuy

I see you got my friends request....

have you discovered all the wonders that Live offers yet? or do you need a guided tour

Old 01-30-2009   #12
Sabotage

SabotageO1, add me.

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009   #13
Tagger

Thanks Sab, will do. Dat, honestly I think I'm spending more time exploring Live content and the Dashboard menus (blades?) than I am actually spending playing Gears 1. Is there a way to see what is in my download cue? I set some Fable 2 video diary stuff for download last night and got to wondering about how to check progress.

Old 01-30-2009   #14
[SS]SportoFu
Canadian Chuck Norris

It shouldn't take long Tag. You can set it to keep downloading while your machine is off too.

Go to
-My Xbox
-Console Settings
-Shutdown
-Background Downloads
-Enable

Then to find your downloads go to
-My Xbox
-Game Library
-Collections
- Then choose either of your games, demos, or videos.

[SS]SportoFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009   #15
Tagger

Thanks Sport. Does the Xbox website automatically associate my avatar with my profile or is there something I have to do to make that happen? When I view others' profiles on the site, I see their avatar. But, mine doesn't appear when I'm viewing mine. Tips?

Edit: Can the 360 be turned on remotely? I'm at work and found some downloads and put them in the que. I have background downloads enabled already. I'm guessing the answer is no. But, it'd be cool if it were possible.

Edit2: Any tips or advice is appreciated Dat. Wish I could turn green so my boss would send me home early. I need to itch this 360 scratch.

Last edited by Tagger : 01-30-2009 at 05:03 PM.