Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-03-2009   #16
Sabotage

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Rator View Post
Nothing wrong with the game. It has circles instead of rectangles.
DENIAL!!!

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #17
Bassani

Not to mention that he hasnt played any multi player on it yet...

WORST matchmaking EVER... Very few things were done right in GHWT IMO, there are a few cool features, but on a 0-10 scale, I give it a 4 at best. Whereas I give RB a 9
Old 02-03-2009   #18
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

doesnt really matter to me for online. when i play it, it will be solo, or at Chenzos so, thats fine by me. Plus i thought i saw somewhere that you can play 4vs4 band online shit. RB dont have that.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009   #19
Bassani

Yeah, you can do a band vs band, but to try and find 8 ppl all on diff instruments is almost like like trying to find a needle in a hay stack, maybe more like trying to find a golf pencil in one...

There isnt much at all that GH has on RB at all, only a couple small things. But you need to play online with the big dawgs, lol
Old 02-03-2009   #20
[SS]Rator

Still you could do you and dg vs me and chenz live. RB doesnt allow that. Im certainly not saying its something to switch to, but good for single play or playing with yer buds.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
Old 02-04-2009   #21
DatGuy

Quote:
doesnt really matter to me for online. when i play it, it will be solo, or at Chenzos so, thats fine by me. Plus i thought i saw somewhere that you can play 4vs4 band online shit. RB dont have that.
it also doesnt have a cumbersome menu system, a piece of shit interface, terrible song selection, crappy animations, a terrible single player set-up, or a sense of "we ripped this off"

"this is the first time a whole band will be able to play together on all instruments"

"oh yeah, its called Rock Band"

"uh...ummm...we're calling it Guitar Hero: World Tour"

LMAO

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #22
[SS]Rator

ok they bought it so they didnt rip it off lol, i didnt see crappy animations and what is so terrible about the single player setup? I just dont see anything that youre talking about, how long did you play it?

Old 02-04-2009   #23
Bassani

I dont like that its so cartoony for a lack of finding a better fitting word. The timing window is more than RB making RB a harder game because you need to be more precise. I dont like the match making, it takes forever to find someone. I dont like if your online, you cant see your % notes hit or streak.

I do like some of the features though, like being able to have a different highway ( fret board ) And some of the cheats like where you can change the colors of the notes, flame color for star power. I like that if youre on vocals and someone pops online or sends you a msg, that the msg icon doesnt pop up in the vocal note path. I do like that you can invite players for a specific instrument.

I could find more bad about it if I really wanted to sit here and list everything, but I dont feel like it, lol. End result, RB is WAY better... Im not even so sure if you can do a 2 v 2 with say Lead & Drums, maybe, dunno, didnt take the time to look at it. Ever since HMX left and made RB, RB is where its been at...
Old 02-04-2009   #24
DatGuy

Quote:
ok they bought it so they didnt rip it off lol, i didnt see crappy animations and what is so terrible about the single player setup? I just dont see anything that youre talking about, how long did you play it?
I played it through, and yes they DID rip off RB

didnt enjoy myself

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009   #25
[SS]Rator

That's cool, but i've been playing GH1 since it came out with Chenz and every game that came out except GHAerosmith and they've all been great. They're just different songs, and all i want is to play guitar or drums on different songs. If it was that bad, i would have traded it in already.

Old 02-09-2009   #26
Bassani

Oh, you know another thing that is stupid about GH, is that you can go to join someone because it says they are joinable, but they are in the middle of a song, causing you to not join.

Why not take the option away when they are playing and enable the option only when they are in the lobby searching for other players like RB does...
Old 02-19-2009   #27
[SS]Rator

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_Metallica

Double bass pedal w splitter, expert-plus mode for double bass useage.

Progression is set up more like gh3 or RB, stars unlock venues etc.

Old 04-03-2009   #28
Bassani

Orion X Bass with the Metallica fret highway and stealth gem cheat on

Old 04-03-2009   #29
Sabotage

See that's the only reason I want to play this game, because the songs ROCK.

It's like a scripted jam session..... which is awesome!

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009   #30
Bassani

You see at about 2:45 I almost failed, lol. Doesnt get any closer I dont think. I was trying to go the whole song without using starpower. The whole reason for me doing the stealth gem cheat was to make my own X + for bass, lol. About 1/2 the songs in here are good, the newer Metallica stuff like Fuel is crap. The shit from the 80's rocks though