Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-02-2008   #31
ChrispyCritter

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Shooter View Post
This POS!

I completed 'Crime and Punishment' then went on to the next Mikhail mission - where it froze.

BUT now everytime it autoloads 'Crime and Punishment' it freezes just after it says 'load successful'.

This is on a NEW elite, so I'm pretty sure there no hardware issues. Thing runs pretty cool, disc is warm, not hot. I clear the cache, changed it to 1080i from 720p, it still hangs up. The disc is from a Gamestop here in Illinois... Maybe there is a bad batch of discs.

I think I can manually delete that save.... I saw it in the memory section. Maybe then it will go back to the next-newest save.

Ideas? Chenzo, you usually can figure this kinda stuff out....Actually, I do have an idea... What is the status of everyone's rock band equipment? Is the Rock Band USB hub plugged into the Xbox (or no) when GTA IV is being played? Are the instruments plugged in? Someone said it could be looking at that port for something and locking up.
Try loading GTA IV without being logged into your system and play offline. Mine was just freezing when it loaded but when i wasn't signed into my PSN it loaded fine. Once i was on it if i tried to start multi-player and log into my PSN it would freeze too. I think the issue is with there server being busy maybe. I tried it on another PSN and game save and same thing.
ChrispyCritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #32
Sabotage

Shooter tried playing with us last night and he couldn't stay in our room long enough for us to give him any suggestions.

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #33
[SS]Shooter
CO of Recruit Instruction

It's killed my 360. I can't play it, or any game, now without the freezing issues.

I do blame GTA IV. The system is pretty new and worked fine prior to this game started the freezing BS.

I guess I better take it back to Best Buy.

Keep your ears buttered up while I set fire to the rain!
[SS]Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008   #34
Sabotage

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Shooter View Post
It's killed my 360. I can't play it, or any game, now without the freezing issues.

I do blame GTA IV. The system is pretty new and worked fine prior to this game started the freezing BS.

I guess I better take it back to Best Buy.
And then make them fix your box.

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Old 05-03-2008   #35
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

Shooter, get it fixed quick, so I can own you on MP on GTA IV everyman for themselves...

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #36
Deadshooter

its the systems like the ps3 60 gb have a problem and also the first systems launched have a problem my 40gb is fine and i have played and finished the game in 32 hours no problems at all

Deadshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #37
Sabotage

Looks like shooter had to trade in his Xbox but he was playing with us without any problems last night and he's all good now.

Old 05-04-2008   #38
[SS]Shooter
CO of Recruit Instruction

Yep, new Xbox fixed it...

Keep your ears buttered up while I set fire to the rain!
[SS]Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008   #39
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

Thats how I do it, Shooter...If my shit breaks and out of warranty, I just get a new one...I have no patience for waiting for things to get fixed...If my Xbox broke down on me, I freak out....HAHAHA

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote