Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-09-2012   #61
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

was here...

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012   #62
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

GAMESCOM 2012 FANS FIRST TO PLAY CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II MULTIPLAYER

Quote:
If you don't have the frequent flyer miles to get you and your thumbs to Germany's Gamescom, you can still catch an early run of Call of Duty: Black Ops II's new multiplayer mode.
Gamescom will hold the first public demo of the COD's multiplayer mode for the Xbox 360 for those in attendance. Those who can't make it will get to see the world premiere on their Xbox 360 or the Internet.
The world premiere demo of the multiplayer mode will be broadcast in a live stream starting at 12 p.m. Eastern, Wednesday, Aug 15th. Players in Europe and the U.S. can watch the premiere on Xbox Live. Viewers in the U.K. can watch the live stream at Xbox.com.
The premiere will also be broadcast at CallofDuty.com, Facebook.com/codblackops and Twitch.tv/treyarch. Xbox Live will also offer the video on-demand following the live broadcast.

Treyarch and Activision's press release:
GAMESCOM 2012 FANS FIRST TO PLAY CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS II MULTIPLAYER
World Premiere of New Call of Duty Multiplayer Coming 15th August 2012 Streamed Live on Xbox LIVE, CallofDuty.com, Facebook.com/codblackops and Twitch .tv/Treyarch
London, UK – 9th August, 2012 – Gamescom 2012 fans, mark your calendars for the world premiere of Call of Duty: Black Ops II Multiplayer and the opportunity to be among the first to play on Xbox 360 before its release on 13th November 2012.
Starting day one of Gamescom on 15th August, attendees can go to the Call of Duty: Black Ops II booth located in Hall 6, booth A21/B30- A31/B30 to compete in the massive Call of Duty Multiplayer arena and go hands-on with award-winning developer Treyarch’s new title.
Fans around the globe can also share in the exclusive reveal. In collaboration with Xbox, Wednesday’s World Premiere will be streamed live from Gamescom directly to Xbox LIVE online entertainment network for all Xbox LIVE members throughout Europe and in the United States and Canada. Hosted by Xbox LIVE’s Major Nelson and AceyBongos, the world reveal featuring live gameplay from the show floor will be streamed daily starting on Wednesday 15th Aug from 5 p.m with exclusive interviews with the developers of the game. In addition to the stream on Xbox LIVE, the show will also be live streamed online on Xbox.com in the UK, CallofDuty.com, Facebook.com/codblackops as well as Twitch.tv/treyarch. The World Premiere content will be available in its entirety via Xbox LIVE video-on-demand shortly after the live broadcast in participating countries. Additional broadcast outlets will be revealed at a later date.

Turtle Beach is also part of the Call of Duty arena experience at Gamescom 2012. In partnership with Activision Publishing, Inc. and Treyarch, Turtle Beach will be offering attendees a chance to win a tournament round at its booth ( Hall 6.1, booth C10 ) and earn a V.I.P. Express Pass to Activision’s Call of Duty: Black Ops IImultiplayer arena.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012   #63
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Getting your headphones on!

Quote:
With the countdown to Black Ops 2 well and truly on, gamer’s favourite Turtle Beach has revealed five new limited edition headsets specifically for fans of the game.

The new headsets made their first appearance at this year’s Gamescom event in Cologne, Germany, and are intended to be launched just ahead of the game itself, which comes out on November 13th. Turtle Beach hopes to cater for all types of gamer, from the casual player to the hardcore CoD addict or professional ‘e-Athlete’, as they like to be known these days.

Each of the headsets features the trademark Black Ops 2 logo, along with a lick of black and orange paint to match the game’s colour scheme. We saw the Ear Force Tango headset earlier in the year, but now we’ve got more details on the rest of the range.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
Old 08-21-2012   #64
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Black Ops 2 Wildcard System Guide: Described in Detail

Quote:
The Wildcard system is a new addition to the Call of Duty series and is designed as a part of Black Ops 2's Create-a-Class system which allows players to design their own characters with perks, armaments and so forth.

Unlike previous systems, the Create-a-Class system in Black Ops 2 is point-based. Each item, be it a perk or a mod for your primary weapon takes up a point. This allows the developers to balance the game around individual items instead of ensuring that each weapon mod is equal to the next, for example.

As weapons can only equip two mods, players must use a Wildcard called Primary Gunfighter which allows them to equip an additional (third) weapon mod.

Attachments do more than simply provide a small bonus to your weapon. Unlike Black Ops, where having three attachments for your gun wasn't all that important, the Sleight of Hand perk from Black Ops can only be found in Fast Mags, and Steady Aim is now called Laser Sight, both of which are attachments for your primary weapon.

Here's a list of all the Wildcards available:

Primary Gunfighter - 3rd Attachment for your primary weapon.

Secondary Gunfighter - 2nd Attachment for your secondary weapon.

Overkill - Equip two primary weapons.

Danger Close - Secondary lethal grenade.

Tactician - Equip an extra tactical grenade in place of a lethal grenade.

Perk 1 Greed, Perk 2 Greed, Perk 3 Greed - These Wildcards allow you to equip more than one perk for the specified tier.

Old 08-22-2012   #65
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Vote Yes

‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 2′ Hopes to Restore Multiplayer’s Team Focus

Quote:
In boilerplate multiplayer shooter modes such as team deathmatch, capture the flag, and territory domination, they’re dilemmas we’ve all faced: The win or the kill? The points or the pride? The team or the individual?

There might be no “I” in Call of Duty, but from World War II in Normandy to World War III on Manhattan’s East River the axiom has only amplified: killing – the “K/D” is king.

Treyarch hopes to reverse this individualistic mindset in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Speaking to Eurogamer, design director David Vonderhaar outlined several of the new multiplayer changes announced for the game at last week’s Gamescom – each of them aimed at fostering a team-based culture.
Step one: a new competitive play matchmaking system called League Play that promotes and relegates players into skill-based divisions. Even playing in a strictly supportive role, it’s possible to advance alongside the heavy-hitting killers.

Quote:
“When we play you really start caring [about winning and losing] again… I was the goal tender. I stayed back and protected our C Domination flag. That was the entirety of my job. I focused on doing that job and doing it well. And even though I wasn’t in every single fight all the time and running out to my death, I was setting up strategic defensive positions and thinking about it a lot. It was just an incredibly fun way to play. “
League Play’s addition is, in part, a response to the explosive growth of the series following 2007′s Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare; with the flood of players present in Call of Duty’s multiplayer ranks, Vonderhaar expressed how important it is to accommodate everyone: those who “just want to go out and wreck in public matchmaking”, and those looking to form a tighter, strategy-centric connection with their teammates.

To further encourage the latter, Black Ops II is also scrapping a long-time catalyst of self-minded gameplay. The famous kill-streak system, featured in every installment since 2007′s Modern Warfare, has been replaced with Score Streaks. Resetting with each life as always, Vonderhaar describes Score Streaks as outside-the-box thinking, a more encompassing way for rewarding valuable team players.

Quote:
“When something is a kill and only a kill, that’s a pretty specific thing. When something has numbers, like score, then it can be more or less. That gives us a lot of flexibility to reward the appropriate gameplay behavior for winning the game mode.”
And again, the focus is flexibility: Kill streaks are still fruitful enough to unlock rewards the old fashioned way, but anyone who wants to earn a UAV could just as well capture a flag. After all, as Vonderhaar says: “He probably deserves them more than some guy just standing off somewhere just generating kills, and that’s all he’s doing.”

Doubtless some will try to paint League Play and Score Streaks as a relaying of old architecture from countless other shooters. Black Ops II has constantly shown an ambition for overhauling the Call of Duty formula, however, (look no further than its 2025 setting, branching-narrative campaign, and redesigned “Pick 10″ loadout system), and an inherently diverse audience can only benefit from diverse gameplay.

Old 08-22-2012   #66
[SS]Rator

Good try. I feel like the only way youre going to make team based play the focus, is to make team based support stuff worth so many points, that you cant NOT do them.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
Old 08-24-2012   #67
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Ya. For the first few sentences there I actually got very excited and interested....then...it faded.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012   #68
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

Old 10-31-2012   #69
[SS]Snakebite
Thats Mr Sarcastic to you

Anyone getting this care package? Having two boys, my house is full of Airhogs remote choppers and I'd love to at least see one and test fly it. Not sure the price tag is in my range currently.

[SS]Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012   #70
[SS]Showstoper
XO of Recruit Instruction

Nah, I just got the game and whatever DLC it came with...

I WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE, NEVER REQUIRING A RECRUIT TO ATTEMPT ANY TASK I WOULD NOT DO MYSELF.
[SS]Showstoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #71
Tagger

I'm not even a fan anymore. But, this is an awesome promo.....

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012   #72
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Wow. Freaking awesome.

Old 11-08-2012   #73
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

It seems that Activision is giving people free extensions on the COD Elite service. I did nothing to extend my own service but just recently received this email. Maybe to try to get me interested in it again for the new game.

Quote:
We are pleased to announce that we're extending your access to Call of Duty® Elite Premium features for Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 until March 1, 2013. We hope you continue to enjoy the service and all the great features you are used to through your extended access period, and look forward to seeing you online.
A couple things to note:
We will be extending your access between 7:00 AM and 1:00 PM EST on November 8, 2012. You may notice a temporary Call of Duty® Elite service interruption during this time.
Your new extended access will not be visible when viewing your account details through Xbox LIVE or PlayStation Network. Rest assured, your access has been extended.
Thanks,
Your Activision and Beachhead Studio Call of Duty® Elite team

Old 11-08-2012   #74
[SS]Rator

From what I know, Elite will be free and the pre-purchase of the DLC will be called the Season Pass? But yes I got that email too.

Old 11-12-2012   #75
DatGuy

are you guys pumped or what?

at midnight you can go and spend $60 - $100 dollars on a game you have already bought 4 times!!!!

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote