Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > Game Chat
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-08-2013   #1
[SS]Shooter
CO of Recruit Instruction

5 reasons the Xbox One will dominate

http://money.cnn.com/gallery/technol...une/index.html

Keep your ears buttered up while I set fire to the rain!
[SS]Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013   #2
DatGuy

heh, they think the kinect is one reason it will win...that is currently the number 1 reason people aren't pre-ordering it.

Titanfall is also not exclusive, comes out on PC at the same time as XBOX and the devs say they want it on other platforms as well.

Smartglass, really?

and TV, which the XBOX doesn't actually do and requires you to use an external TV service

and then we can follow up with their other article http://money.cnn.com/gallery/technol...une/index.html

waste of time

Both articles suck and show CNN has no clue what they are talking about

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013   #3
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Careful DG, your ignorance is showing again.

Exclusivity is relevant to the hardware. Specifically consoles. This is gaming 101 stuff DG...your in the biz....I am ashamed for you.

And CNN is a news agency. They are going to attempt to appeal to as large an audience as possible. They want Sony and MS fan-boys alike reading on their web site to sell ads and what not.

The 5 reasons the mention for each console is accurate. Yes they have an idea what they are talking about. They have a better idea of what to consider than you do, mainly because they are not so ignorant as to bring the PC into a discussion of consoles....

As I said there are 5 reasons for both. In my opinion the XBOne reasons trump the PS4 reasons. If you understood the implications of what Sony sacrificed to gain the price point advantage then I think you could understand it.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013   #4
DatGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by [SS]Midnight View Post
Careful DG, your ignorance is showing again.

Exclusivity is relevant to the hardware. Specifically consoles. This is gaming 101 stuff DG...your in the biz....I am ashamed for you.

And CNN is a news agency. They are going to attempt to appeal to as large an audience as possible. They want Sony and MS fan-boys alike reading on their web site to sell ads and what not.

The 5 reasons the mention for each console is accurate. Yes they have an idea what they are talking about. They have a better idea of what to consider than you do, mainly because they are not so ignorant as to bring the PC into a discussion of consoles....

As I said there are 5 reasons for both. In my opinion the XBOne reasons trump the PS4 reasons. If you understood the implications of what Sony sacrificed to gain the price point advantage then I think you could understand it.
MN your fanboyism is showing again.

What did they sacrifice? A camera that little to no implication on gaming?

believe me MN, I know a lot more about this shit than some jerk in the financial section of cnn.

everything they mentioned there either has nothing to do with actual gaming(kinect) or shit you need to spend extra money on.

and you're trying to tell me that the PC isn't a platform for gaming? and also, they want to put titanfall on PS4.

here are the items they listed in the PS4 article

price
The brand itself
its power(yes it is significantly more powerful than the bone)
developers(you know, people that make games)
and indie titles

all of those are better points than what was in the Bone article(mainly shit you have to pay extra for, and stuff like Kinect and smartglass which devs can choose not to support at all)

DatGuy "doubts my connections".
DatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013   #5
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGuy View Post
MN your fanboyism is showing again.
Sure. I really like the xbox. I liked the PS once....then it sucked so bad my clan and I were forced to go to the xbox to improve the online gaming we love. In the next gen consoles I am leaning VERY heavy toward the XBOX. Many of the 5 reasons Shooter linked us to swayed me. I have not made a final decision or pre-ordered either yet though. If that qualifies me as a fan-boy then so be it.

Quote:
What did they sacrifice? A camera that little to no implication on gaming?
I actually thought you might have understood. You don't seem too. And you have your "the PC is the one and only!!! All others are blasphemy!!!!" blinders on, so I am not going to waste either of our time trying to outline it for you. ....I really did think that you might get it....I was hoping to discuss the implications of it. oh well....

Quote:
believe me MN, I know a lot more about this shit than some jerk in the financial section of cnn.

everything they mentioned there either has nothing to do with actual gaming(kinect) or shit you need to spend extra money on.
I do not believe you at all. His credentials say otherwise. The fact that he actually understands what is good about each console as a positive thing for the console instead of a negative also says otherwise. AND that he understands that personal computers, that have monthly hardware advances and changes, can not be compared with gaming consoles that does not change hardware for many years at a time.

Everything you have said only tells me that you are a PC fan-boy who thinks that consoles are beneath you and that you are ignorant of what advances in console technology might bring to the table of future gaming.

Quote:
and you're trying to tell me that the PC isn't a platform for gaming?
I am trying, and miserably failing it seems, to tell you that a PC is not comparable to a console and therefore has no place in this console based thread in the console based forum that is talking (primarily (yes we do talk about PC stuff as well but in a smarter manner)) about consoles. (maybe if I say console enough in our console threads on our console forums it will "yin" all your PC "yang"? ....hmmmm I wonder....)

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013   #6
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

im not reading this so play nice

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013   #7
kotaco

I would just like to point something out, the article in question was posted 3 days before the same guy wrote pretty much the exact same thing, this time in favor of Playstation. Sooo.. probably wouldn't read to much into it, just a story to attract hits.

5 reasons the Xbox One will dominate By John Gaudiosi - July 5th 2013
http://money.cnn.com/gallery/technol...l-win.fortune/

5 reasons the Playstation 4 will crush the competition By John Gaudiosi - July 8th 2013
http://money.cnn.com/gallery/technol...l-win.fortune/

--
kotaco is offline   Reply With Quote