Old 02-09-2009   #1
[SS]Shooter
CO of Recruit Instruction

HERO - This guy is [SS] material.

Question is: Can he sing?

----------------------------------

UA student shoots and kills 2 intruders
By Delane Cleveland, Fox 11 News

A University of Arizona student used a gun to defend his home against two intruders, killing both of them. It happened about 12:30 a.m. on Thursday, October 16, when the student heard a knock at the door at his home just north of campus. He looked out to see two men, one of them masked and armed. When the men forced their way inside, the student grabbed his gun and shot both men to death.

Police are continuing their investigation, but say the resident’s story is consistent with the evidence, and with self-defense. The neighborhood where the shooting took place is ripe with UA students, but police say that doesn’t necessarily make it any less safe.

The Jefferson Park neighborhood sits just north of the University, and word of the deadly home invasion on East Adams Street has students wondering whether that convenience comes at a price.

“It’s easy to walk to the University,” says UA Senior Cynthia Martinez. “It’s very convenient.” But she adds, “It can be scary just to walk to the car, so it’s not as inviting as I’d like it to be.” UA Junior Matt Graham agrees. “The area is kind of dark lit,” he says. “It’s a shady neighborhood overall.”

Police say 30-year old Shontel Early and 29-year old Wesley Fenstermacher forcefully entered the home of the 23-year old student. Both men have extensive criminal backgrounds. Police say the student acted in self-defense and that essentially, the gun saved his life.

The incident raises questions about the safety of the neighborhood. Police records indicate that more than 4,100 calls for service came from the area last year. “We don’t really believe that area is more dangerous than any other,” says Tucson Police Sergeant Fabian Pacheco.

Students living there tend to agree, and take what precautions they can to stay safe. “I keep my blinds closed,” says Graham. “I keep any valuable items out of view.”

Police have not released the name of the resident involved in the shooting, but they say he’s unlikely to be charged with any crime. There is some speculation that the pair showed up to confront someone who used to live at that house.

Keep your ears buttered up while I set fire to the rain!
[SS]Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote