Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-22-2003   #1
=D//R=SkyHawk
Lieutenant

I hate that.

First I would like to ask if =D//R= web site is a rip of [SS] site?
Yes I can say that I used similar looking banners and that’s about it. I really like the idea of having the name for each member, and then another banner which says a rank. That way I don’t have to make tons of new banners.

Well some guys is talking crap about my site, being a rip off SS. If you could replay your opinion on the thread that would be helpful.

That guys also took tried to take credit for a SOCOM clan picture that he never took. It was taken by my first clan, (G:S), Chad Herman was the one that took it.

http://www.socomclans.net/forums/vie...=181363#181363

www.socom-dr.tk
Clan DESERT RANGERS

"Success is going from failure to failure
with no loss of enthusiasm."
=D//R=SkyHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003   #2
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Well, first, you DID duplicate some of the imagery i created for both the SS and AE sites, ie; dogtags, medal cases, section headers, but the site looks NOTHING like the SS or AE sites. Therefore , i think that it is NOT a rip-off of either site.

As for your conflict with HooT, heh, that's all you guys. I am NOT getting into that. I've dealt with my share of criticism throughout my career and i think you gotta field this one on your own!

No offense. I think actually that HooT is registered in here. Whaddya say Hoot? That site dont look like mine, does it?

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003   #3
[SS]Snakebite
Thats Mr Sarcastic to you

Thats just one guys opinion and thats all it is "an opinion". I think your site is cool and nothing like any I've seen before. Sure your sigs look like ours but I like that too.

I may be out of line but.. didn't Rator help you a little with your site? If so, I'd expect it to have some graphics and what not that resembles ours.

No disrespect to HooT but doesn't his avatar say "Forum Critic" or something? So I'd expect some negative responses every now and then. Thats what a critic does.

[SS]Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003   #4
=D//R=SkyHawk
Lieutenant

Criticize a lot, but now I made my site on my own, I never heard a positive thing from him, its like second time he calls my site a rip off, I think I go pissed a little. I took that as an offence “your leader already posted it when he had made it in hopes of impressing people and making them want to join.. i would think that you would make a clan site after you already have a clan and you know your going to be serious...
DR members are serious. Well never mind.

P.S.: I did not try to duplicate your site Rator, sorry if I took some ideas from you, just really like your banner/avatar/medal idea. As for the rest did not have an intention of copying and i dont think i did. Of course if you want me to change any of those things I would gladly do it.

www.socom-dr.tk
Clan DESERT RANGERS

Last edited by =D//R=SkyHawk : 09-22-2003 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-23-2003   #5
HooT
Ensign

lol, i actually registered yesterday for something else lol... ok well, first of all

i have given you compliments on your site, and if you dont believe that then i will do it here again, its a great site, and if someone were to say that my site ripped off of the sea snipers site i would take it as such a compliment although i understand you being upset about that, i would probably be a bit upset also, but i'll say again, its a nice site, well done, but i do feel that there were certain things copied from rator's work, sigs for one, dogtags for another, the whole style that rator uses seems to be used in your site... and again, thats not a bad thing, i just expressed my opinion about a lot of the ideas for it being taken from rator's style and that i think you should have made it a little more original, thats my biggest criticism

o yea and just to clarify, my rank is "Forum Hypocrite" much worse than "Forum Critic" IMO its an old joke and i am probably going to change it soon but w/e, just in case you wanted to know what exactly my ranking was there....

now, about me taking credit for that screenshot? go back and read the thread again, you will not see me taking credity for actually taking the screenshot, you will see me saying that i didnt believe that chad did it and showing where it could be found by anyone, but i never did take credit for taking it... next time read the whole thread before you accuse me of trying to take credit for work that isnt mine.... by the way, i now know that chad did take that screenshot, i didnt know it before, and the thought had never crossed my mind that all the pictures on his site were taken by him, and i never took credit for them, i only doubted that they were his.... and if you go to my website www.socomscreens.com you will see the copyright at the bottom saying: All content is copyright its respective owner. meaning that its not mine. so... guess that takes care of that.

EDIT: and by the way, if you visit my site and notice the maps section, dont bother telling rator that i am trying to take credit for his work, he is very well aware of them being on there and he and i keep in touch every now and then so... dont go there..

O yea, also... if you want to talk about taking credit for others work, go to www.socombattles.com and go to the clan ladder, find the clan with the tag... uhh *BaK* i think and look at their ladder account, i do believe that they have the blue sniper scope that rator made and everything is changed to say their name, i approached the leader on this and he said he didnt make it, a member did and that he doubts that it was stolen and then he blocked me on aim, i went to seasnipers.net and got the url of the page for downloads to show the guy and he told me something like " i bet you found that on the same site he(his clan mate) did and put it on there (seasnipers.net) " so he thought that seasnipers.net was my site and that i had stolen the blue scope and put it on here just to try and prove him wrong, i think he needs to be dealt with, rator i dont know how you feel about having your work ripped, but i would send a nasty email to him, and i think that if you sent one to a good battles admin then they will remove it for you... just wanted to make you aware of that.

Last edited by HooT : 09-23-2003 at 12:12 AM.
HooT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003   #6
[SS]Rator

Skyhawk wrote:P.S.: I did not try to duplicate your site Rator, sorry if I took some ideas from you, just really like your banner/avatar/medal idea. As for the rest did not have an intention of copying and i dont think i did. Of course if you want me to change any of those things I would gladly do it.

Dude, i KNOW you didnt try to duplicate it. It;'s ok. we're cool bro. LOL! I'm flattered you guys are impressed with my stuff. Now come buy me beers! You dont have to change anything.

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
Old 09-23-2003   #7
=D//R=SkyHawk
Lieutenant

You want heineken or carona?

www.socom-dr.tk
Clan DESERT RANGERS

Old 09-23-2003   #8
[SS]Rator

Aw man! Is that all i get?! I want Guiness...

Old 09-23-2003   #9
HooT
Ensign

rator, why does the guy on your sig look retarded? lol, that was a joke so, dont get pissed at me for it... for all i know that could be you or your dad or something, i didnt mean anything by it.

Old 09-23-2003   #10
[SS]Rator

Yeah, that WAS my grandfather, till Feb 10th 2000 when he passed away, (also my birthday) it sucks. The picture is just weird. He wasnt retarded, he fought in WW2 on D-day. You didnt know, its ok...

Old 09-23-2003   #11
HooT
Ensign

i know man, i really didnt mean anything by it at all, i was just joking and i knew he wasnt retarded, but it does look a bit weird..

i suspected it was someone in your family, thats cool that he faught in d-day and all, wow, thats really cool, he must have been a great guy!... sorry to hear you lost him, i hope i didnt cross the line man, really i didnt mean anything.

Old 09-23-2003   #12
[WH] Airborne
Lieutenant General

Quote:
Originally posted by [SS]Rator
Yeah, that WAS my grandfather, till Feb 10th 2000 when he passed away, (also my birthday) it sucks. The picture is just weird. He wasnt retarded, he fought in WW2 on D-day. You didnt know, its ok...
That's a nice way to honor the memory of your grandfather. Was that originally a black and white photo that was retouched? If so, and you did it, what would you charge to colorize a black n white of my grandfather in his Army uniform? I've been wanting to do that for sometime now.

SOCOM Wolfhounds

Airborne
Lieutenant General,
Wolfhounds

I don't care about alot. But what I care about, I care about alot.
[WH] Airborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003   #13
HooT
Ensign

wow, he is right, that is a really great way to honor him...

and thats one reason i thought it wouldnt be your grandfather cause i thought it would have been black and white had it been your grandfather, but i forgot you can color stuff... if so then very nice job... man, is there any aspect of graphic design that you cant do? lol

Old 09-23-2003   #14
[WH] Airborne
Lieutenant General

Hey HooT, whereabouts in the Philly area?

SOCOM Wolfhounds

Airborne
Lieutenant General,
Wolfhounds

I don't care about alot. But what I care about, I care about alot.
[WH] Airborne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003   #15
HooT
Ensign

hehe, another philadelphian... i'm from suburbs, plymuth meeting to be exact... i go to plymouth whitemarsh highschool... i dunno if you know where i'm talking about.