Go Back   [SS] Forums > Public Forums > General Conversation
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-09-2006   #1
Sabotage

Ps2 Help!!!!

I think there is something wrong with my ps2 or my socom 3 disk, cant figure out what it is.

When I went to play s3 the other day I turned my ps2 on and it sat at the starting menu forever then I went into the browser and it said "Cannot Read Disk." So I tryed again and the same thing happened, then I tryed my s2 disk, and it worked perfectly I even played online for a little bit because I was cirtain that is was just that my s3 disk was sratched or something.

The next day, I took my s3 disk out and polished it as much as I could then tryed it again. "Cannot Read Disk." Then, I took my internet adapter off of my ps2, I dont remember why I thought that was a problem, and then tryed turning it on. Well what do you know im playing socom 3.

Short version of the story:
My s3 disk works without the internet adapter connected, but it doesn't with it connected. This is the only game that does this, I tryed all my online games and they work just fine.

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #2
RedTango

strange

Thats pretty odd. In my experience when you get cannot read disc error, its the disc. Perhaps when the game is initializing the online portion of the game, its getting messed up, like maybe if in the boot sequence it tries to read the network adapters settings or something and cant. May be time to replace your S3 disc.

Good Luck
RedTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #3
[SS]Rator
Sea Snipers® Owner/Leader

Thats crazy, i have no idea why that would be. it could be a random thing, they may have no real correlation to each other. Anyone have any insight?

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #4
PAs_SCORPION
Professional Assassin

well, I know sometimes the PS2 will not read DVD disks if it isn't getting enough juice. Maybe the adapter is draining the juice just enough to make it not read?? Just a thought. There are ways to increase the voltage to your laser on the DVD drive but its tricky, you violate the agreement with sony, and you can brick your PS2. I would try making absolutely sure that the disk isn't dirty or scratched first...then. If that isn't it, for sure take further action.
PAs_SCORPION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #5
RedTango

hrm

Not likely the problem SK, If it is reading other discs fine. Good insight though, could you send me the instructions on how to juice up your PS2, could be good info to have.

I would bet that somewhere in the boot sequence of the CD there is a tiny scratch. ITs all it takes. I am pretty sure , if in fast this is the case, its somewhere in the networking part of the sequence if its only happening when the adapter is connected.
RedTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #6
[SS]Chief
Brew Master

I would go to Blockbuster and get another S3 disk to see if it works. If it does, then you will know it is the disk however if not...it might be the patch you downloaded. If you remember your log-in ect. delete the patch and try it all over again. If that doesn't work, not that I am saying to do this but perhaps a swap with the Blockbuster disk...might be in order. But I didn't say that.

"Give a man a beer, he'll waste an afternoon. But teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime!"
[SS]Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006   #7
[SS]Vapid

Could your save file (patch) be corrupted? Try turning on the system without the memory card.
Old 08-10-2006   #8
Sabotage

Nope nothin, I took out both memory cards and the hard drive and it still didnt work, hmmmm I dont know. I will try the blockbuster think to test out and see if it works.

"I am an indestructible master of war" - Disturbed

“Hitler built a fortress around Europe, but he forgot to put a roof on it.”- Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sabotage is offline   Reply With Quote