View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007   #5
Chenzo
Commies Beware

Re: Re: Ut 3

Quote:
Originally posted by [SS]Midnight
Now?

UT came out before Quake I think. If not then it came out pretty close to the same time. UT was my first online shooter that I got involved with. At the time I thought it was one of the best games out there. The UT engine is actually used in some other existing games. One or more of the Tom Clancy games uses that engine currently.

I am actually looking forward to how UT3 will turn out.

Oh, yeah... I wasn't commenting on the ORDER, but that Quake's new engine is out (Doom3, Quake4, Prey, etc...) and HL's engine is out (HL2, CS:S, DOD:S, etc...)

and now we get the full on Unreal Engine... which is my favorite... and yeah, I beleive R6:V is a version of this engine, but it's all chopped to shit. I want the awesome visuals WITH the awesome server controls.

(Remember automatic map downloading with redirect in RvS? That shit was hawt... so if put a custom map on the server and a player didn't have it, it would redirect them to our webserver, auto download it, unpack/install it and then push them into the game... THAT'S the way online games should work.)

Chenzo is offline   Reply With Quote