View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011   #1
[SS]Midnight
Lima Oscar Lima!

Netflix price hike.

The greedy scoundrel are separating DVD and Streaming services so they can charge more.

So my $10/mo plan for unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs (1 at a time) will change to 1 streaming plan for $8 and a separate $8 plan for the 1 at a time unlimited DVDs for a total of $16/mo. A $6 increase charge for what I am getting now. What kind of backwards business is this? They are supposed to, in this time financial strain, find ways to make things cheaper not more expensive!

From my email:
Quote:
We are separating unlimited DVDs by mail and unlimited streaming into two separate plans to better reflect the costs of each. Now our members have a choice: a streaming only plan, a DVD only plan, or both.

Your current $9.99 a month membership for unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs will be split into 2 distinct plans:

Plan 1: Unlimited Streaming (no DVDs) for $7.99 a month
Plan 2: Unlimited DVDs, 1 out at-a-time (no streaming) for $7.99 a month

Your price for getting both of these plans will be $15.98 a month ($7.99 + $7.99). You don't need to do anything to continue your memberships for both unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs.

These prices will start for charges on or after September 1, 2011.
I marked my calendar to cancel one or the other service. I may reconsider Hulu again.

I used to be able to get BluRay for free, then they decided to charge an extra $1 for that. I did not go for it any more than I will go for this price hike. They just do not have a good enough movie selection for me to shell out more.

"Nobody makes me bleed my own blood! NOBODY!" -- White Goodman
[SS]Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote