Thread: Matrix Mouse
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005   #14
[SS]Vapid

I have no problem answering your questions.

I feed them live chickens. If you have a small snake, like the Green Tree Python, you can go to PetCo and buy a mouse for $1.50 once a week and you'll be okay. You can also pick up rats from PetCo without breaking the bank. When you get into rabbits, you start to spend a lot of money. I had to do a lot of searching to find a place that would sell me rabbits for a reasonible price. The ones at PetCo are pet rabbits and go for $15.00 or more while the ones I was getting are a pretty aggressive but they cost $4.00. When my snakes started eating 3 and 4 rabbits I had to find a place that would sell me the chickens. I found a guy who sells chickens, ducks, turkeys, ect to people as pets. I buy the chickens nobody wants and he sells them to me for $2.00. Sometimes I get crazy ones, like the one that would only walk in clockwise circles. When I need pigs I hope he can get them for me.

A lot of people say it's better to feed the snakes freeze dried food because it makes the animal less agressive but I think feel it's healthier for the snake to have that hunt.

I learned the hard way that these animals are no joke. They eat people in the wild. Everyone has heard of the Anaconda, these are bigger. There has never been a documented/verified account of an Anconda eating a person. The Anaconda has more girth but the Reticulated Python is the longest snake in the world. I will probably choose to not breed them because the animal gets the short side of the deal when people decide they are to much animal to take care of. As far as snakes go, they really are pretty impressive looking and they really smart (for a snake).