View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008   #6
Tagger

Harley you mentioned the graphics as compared to MGS4 and CoD4 in another thread. I agree, they aren't breath-taking. I also agree that it doesn't really matter. SOCOM is about gameplay and it's in there.

Sound: I freaking love the surround sound - it's really cool to hear gun chatter from across the map. You can really pick out the sound of the AK's versus the MK48 and others. Explosions sound right to me.

Lag/Freezing Up mid-game for a half to full second - I hope Slant 6 addresses this in the full game. If not, that will be a monumental let-down.

Views: OTS view isn't all that. I prefer the classic view but we do not have the option to use the D-pad for peeking as far as I know. A first person view for looking out of windows would be very helpful too. Hopefully Slant is working on incorporating the feedback on the PS boards regarding the view options.

Community Options - I like. I do not know what to suggest about adding to this part. But, I like the setup so far.

Gameplay - All I can say is that it is good to be back in SOCOM again. I really like the gameplay. I held myself over some playing CoD4 (still do occassionally) and MGS4. But, all along I was hoping SOCOM would come and give me the fix my addiction required.

Overall - I think Slant 6 has done a pretty good job overall. This is my first beta on any game ever. So, I don't know what to expect in the transition from this to the full game release. Seeing more than one map will be great. More important to me though is that Slant 6 does everything possible to accomodate/incorporate user feedback from the PS boards.

Galatians 2:20
Tagger is offline   Reply With Quote