View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005   #6
[SS]Rator
Sea SnipersŪ Owner/Leader

Any of the socom maps that ive done already that have rolling terrain i have created in 3d. Once i sketch out the whole map in pencil, i scan it and paint in the high and low areas in black and white and create whats called a "bump map" or "height map". Then i apply that to a terrain in 3d and create the necessary textures etc. Once i have the 3d model built of the terrain, i can spin it around and animate it or look at it from any angle i want.

I COULD do Enowapi, but Vigilance is next. If anyone wanted to actually pay me to work on it like a real job and not just do it in my free time, the cost would be about $1000 if not more.

To complete a map from start to finish takes approx 60-80hrs. Between walking the map for accurate points etc and spectating and modeling and texturing and photography and scanning and text, bushes, boxes and all that jazz. Yea , its a lot.

As for manipulating the 3d model , im not sure what you are asking for. Please elaborate, and id be glad to repsond.

Here's Blood lake in 3d from above and to the right of the seal start. Note that not all details can be seen due to the type of lighting used (i set the lighting so that it looks best from a top down view) but you get the idea. I can render it from any angle i want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blshot.jpg (89.6 KB, 75 views)

I'm gonna ask you questions, and every time you don't give me answers, I'm gonna cut something off. And I promise you...
they will be things you will miss!
[SS]Rator is offline   Reply With Quote