Thread: Tarantino
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2011   #10
[SS]CJ

I understand Tarantino's appeal. Heck, I used to love his stuff. For several years I listed Resevoir Dogs as my favorite all time movie.

After a while though his stuff is all the same. Just like the rest of hollywood that people are bashing.

Grindhouse - Yes, I understand the genre. I didn't like the movie though. I didn't like the style. I still liked Tarantino at that point but it was starting to fade.

IG - I just thought it was stupid. I purchased the movie but I never finished it. If I don't like a movie I can generally gut through it and just finish watching it but not this time. I couldn't even do that with IG. About 1/2 way through I took it out of my blu ray player. It went from there to the garbage.

Maybe its just that I'm getting older and I don't fall for the same stuff as I used to.

Maybe its because I watched and listened to several interviews with him. I thought he was a dick, douchebag, full of himself, conceited, weirdo. He tries to explain what he's doing in a certain film and he comes across as an idiot.

For now, I don't care for his stuff. I'll probably watch his next film though. Who knows, I might even like it and change my mind.

[SS]CJ is offline   Reply With Quote