View Single Post
Old 10-08-2009   #1
[SS]Wally
‘The Umbrella Man’

whatsupwiththat? Crazy News Storys Thread

A bunch of us comb the net and post crazy stories that make us all scratch our heads about everyday citizens around the world. Well maybe everyday citizens is a bit of a stretch, but I thought we could compile all into one little nifty thread.

To start things off I caught this on my local news' website and thought this was crazy.

Enjoy!

Wis. man marries mail-order bride using other girlfriend's money

ELLSWORTH, Wis. -- Forty-one-year-old Raymond Edward Jackson is a heartbreaker and now a convicted felon.

His crime?
Brace yourself ladies.
He is the reason to become a modern day feminist.

Last winter Jackson told his Ellsworth, Wisconsin bride to be he had to fly south for a job, but would marry her upon his return.
But what he really did was steal her credit cards, laptop, suitcase and engagement ring and flew to Hawaii to marry a mail order bride.
Jackson was arrested by authorities in Maui for his crimes.
On Monday, he was sentenced to a year and a half in jail in Pierce County.
"Our biggest concern is keeping him off the streets so he is nowhere near me or my family," the victim's son Jamie Otto said Thursday.
Jackson racked up thousands of dollars in debt for the woman he left here at home.
Spending money on his Hawaiian wedding, on the victim's dime.
Stealing not only her money, and possessions, but robbing her of her dignity, and trust.

"Guns don't kill people, lasers do." - Wally
"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders". - Ted Nugent
Born On Date: 1-30-2007
[SS]Wally is offline   Reply With Quote