[SS] Forums

[SS] Forums (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/index.php)
-   Questions (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   I bet you guys never thought that your clan would be so popular (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=5780)

NEO-X 01-03-2006 01:26 PM

I bet you guys never thought that your clan would be so popular

I just makes me laugh seeing how many users come to this forum.. and just how popular you guys are.

I wonder what your popularity is based on??? My first answer to that points me in the direction of "Presentation"

1. Your website kicks ass - which in turn makes you guys that more believable/legit

2. The fact that you've(Rator & others) have managed to recreate all of the Socom maps in such detail that are now so widely available thanks to your efforts.

3. TWB is definetly also a huge part of it.

I dunno, its just a clan.. however you guys seem to be more than that.

comments?? Thoughts??

[SS]Hoot 01-03-2006 01:40 PM

Re: I bet you guys never thought that your clan would be so popular

Quote:

Originally posted by Neo-X
I dunno, its just a clan.. however you guys seem to be more than that.

comments?? Thoughts??

Your right..... its more than a clan...... its a brotherhood. Semper Fratres.

[SS]Chief 01-03-2006 01:51 PM

Re: Re: I bet you guys never thought that your clan would be so popular

Quote:

Originally posted by [SS]Hoot
Hoot hit the nail on the head.....a clan is not all about a cool website and some flashy graphics...a clan is about the People! And it is that, IMO that makes SS great (in my eyes..).

NEO-X 01-03-2006 02:01 PM

Re: Re: Re: I bet you guys never thought that your clan would be so popular

Quote:

Originally posted by [SS]Chief
Hoot hit the nail on the head.....a clan is not all about a cool website and some flashy graphics...a clan is about the People! And it is that, IMO that makes SS great (in my eyes..).
Yeah I certainly agree with that.. Im pretty tight with alot of my clan members.

Brotherhood... that about definetly sums it up...

I can officially rest in peace now.

[SS]Shooter 01-03-2006 03:17 PM

For me, the [SS] and Socom are a BIG part of my life.

It's not just a clan. The clan members are my friends and brothers.

The clan can be as big or as little part of your life as you want it to be, depending on YOUR effort and time committment to it.

NEO-X 01-03-2006 05:31 PM

What makes you feel like its a brotherhood??

What are your clan membership benifits?

Hope Im not prying too much, Im just looking for substance.

[SS]Rator 01-03-2006 05:38 PM

We actually care about each other (not to sound gay, lol) but our guys do anything and everything for each other, members have sent members money, cables, routers, computers, you name it, if someone was in need they got the help they needed. Ever watch Band of Brothers? Yea , we're like those guys. The respect that everyone here has for each other is phenomenal, the effort that is put forth by everyone is exemplary.

Its not really something that you can explain, its something that is experienced.

As far as the main question... "I bet you guys never thought that your clan would be so popular"

I never thought so. I created the clan with the structure in place and rewards system, ranks etc and made sure to recruit the man and not the game. That has served us very well in the past 3+ years. We have only lost 1 man to another clan in that time.

Semper Fratres!

overkil4825 01-07-2006 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by [SS]Rator
We have only lost 1 man to another clan in that time.

Im sorry. who did you lose?

[SS]Raiden 01-07-2006 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by overkil4825
Im sorry. who did you lose?

We don`t speak of him anymore

his name i mean

overkil4825 01-07-2006 11:14 PM

alright, I understand

Greek 01-08-2006 12:18 AM

Re: Re: I bet you guys never thought that your clan would be so popular

Quote:

Originally posted by [SS]Hoot
DAMN RIGHT SEMPER FI

[SS]TuefelHunden 01-08-2006 12:21 AM

Re: Re: Re: I bet you guys never thought that your clan would be so popular

Quote:

Originally posted by Greek
DAMN RIGHT SEMPER FI
Not sure if you know or not Greek, but Semper Fi is short for Semper Fidelis not Semper Fratres. Semper Fidelis means Always Faithful, where Semper Fratres means Always Brothers, or Brothers Forever.

Greek 01-08-2006 12:57 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: I bet you guys never thought that your clan would be so popular

Quote:

Originally posted by [SS]TuefelHunden
Not sure if you know or not Greek, but Semper Fi is short for Semper Fidelis not Semper Fratres. Semper Fidelis means Always Faithful, where Semper Fratres means Always Brothers, or Brothers Forever.
oh i knwo that, my cousin was a Marine in Vietnam

=LOS= GRIFTER 01-08-2006 03:06 PM

Wow. I agree with [SS] in that the clan is much more than a game. Just to prove that point, a member of our current clan was having financial problems and couldn't buy S3. So my clan leader and a few of the members sent money for him to buy the game. Now he's enjoying it with all of us.

I really liked that.
=Last Ones Standing=

[SS]Cuervo 01-09-2006 11:25 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: I bet you guys never thought that your clan would be so popular

Quote:

Originally posted by [SS]TuefelHunden
also the motto "SEMPER FRATRES" was originated WITHIN SS. After our 1 year anniversary, we all chipped in and Got Rator a engraved Naval Sword and I felt we should somehow incorporate a logo/motto on it. The motto needed to signify what the clan meant to each of us.. and yes that it was more than a clan.. but a brotherhood, so we came up with "Always brothers.. Semper Fratres"