[SS] Forums

[SS] Forums (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/index.php)
-   General Conversation (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Going to Join Navy Seals (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=11948)

TR1KSTER 12-22-2009 11:47 PM

Going to Join Navy Seals

When I join the navy when the time comes to choose between different things like the demolilition team, and navy seals there are others, but I only wanted to give the one my pop wanted to join but didn't because he was married in case anything went wrong, and the one I plan on joining. I've already started taking my training seriously. Hmmmph the funny thing is I've never been more sure about something in my life it's like I was ment to join this.

[SS]Rator 12-22-2009 11:51 PM

Congrats, good luck!

TR1KSTER 12-23-2009 12:02 AM

Thank you.

[SS]Wally 12-23-2009 12:27 AM

If you want to do it commit to it 110%. Its more mental then physical.

[SS]Shooter 12-23-2009 01:34 AM

There are many books that describe the process and give you an idea of the physical requirements.

[SSr]LouSaynis 12-23-2009 03:58 AM

Good luck with BUD/S! If you haven't seen it, here is a link to a document put out by NSW for BUD/S candidates for a baseline fitness. And like Wally said, commit at least 110%

http://www.sealswcc.com/Downloads/Tr...ning_Guide.pdf

Sabotage 12-23-2009 04:02 AM

Much respect man. Good luck and I wish you the best, really I do.

TR1KSTER 12-23-2009 08:04 AM

Thank you guys thank you. And thanks wally I plan on that.

Chenzo 12-23-2009 11:51 AM

Yeah, good luck...

I know 2 squids who failed/quit outta seal training... said it SUUuuuUUUuuckkkked.

Be prepared for that shiz.

[SS]Chief 12-23-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chenzo (Post 118621)
Yeah, good luck...

I know 2 squids who failed/quit outta seal training... said it SUUuuuUUUuuckkkked.

Be prepared for that shiz.

I resemble that remark...ha ha. About 75% of the EOD guys are BUDS-Duds.

Just for the record it is a WONDERFUL recruiting tool. This is how it goes:

I'm your recruiter...I offer you SEALs. You get all worked up and excited about it. You can't believe that YOU are being considered. Then once you get to BUDs they have about a 90+% drop rate. Once you drop...guess what, the Navy has you for the next four years to do what they want with you. It isn't like you can say; well I gave it a try and it didn't work out for me. Then walk away. No, you are LOCKED into a four + year contract. It's a great recruiting tool!!!

Just have the right mind set when you enter--as everyone has already pointed out.

Risen GBG 12-23-2009 02:30 PM

I have a half brother that was a Seal... after his duty was over he ended up working in the pool at NASA... he went in as a bit of a physical freak - but the stories he'd tell of the program were pretty incredible. The program really is designed to break you down mentally and physically...

To get you past your perceived limits and make you aware of the real ones...

It's a tough job man... good luck!

[SS]Showstoper 12-23-2009 03:18 PM

Good luck with the SEALS thing. It's a tough program. No BS there. But it's like the saying goes, "If you love something, let it go. If it loves you back, then it will return to you." Something like that, anyways Best of Luck.

[SS]Wally 12-23-2009 03:26 PM

Just do it, and dont quit. Don't ever quit. If your going to do it commit. As long as your not a fatass you can make it. Its in the brain. I wish I would've because my heart would've helped me make it.

If you have the opportunity, take it. Just don't quit. Dang, I wish I had the opportunity when I was a kid.

TR1KSTER 12-25-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Risen GBG (Post 118628)
I have a half brother that was a Seal... after his duty was over he ended up working in the pool at NASA... he went in as a bit of a physical freak - but the stories he'd tell of the program were pretty incredible. The program really is designed to break you down mentally and physically...

To get you past your perceived limits and make you aware of the real ones...

It's a tough job man... good luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by [SS]Showstoper (Post 118631)
Good luck with the SEALS thing. It's a tough program. No BS there. But it's like the saying goes, "If you love something, let it go. If it loves you back, then it will return to you." Something like that, anyways Best of Luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [SS]Wally (Post 118635)
Just do it, and dont quit. Don't ever quit. If your going to do it commit. As long as your not a fatass you can make it. Its in the brain. I wish I would've because my heart would've helped me make it.

If you have the opportunity, take it. Just don't quit. Dang, I wish I had the opportunity when I was a kid.

Yea I've already started training in this nice freezing cold snowy weather, which will help my lungs for when I run in the warmer air. Just from tellin people they feel unerving while talking me, which I don't understand much. I know several people who are Seals one is in Africa at the moment and has been away there for a month now. The other I'm not so sure of. And the NASA thing trying to break you down mentally and physically would probably be hard to do because when you train to be a Seal and they make you mentally stronger they are making you face you fear to be able to do it without hesitation, which I have done with one of my fears, which is height not afraid of heights the thought of falling. And I have faced that 2 days ago. I started climbing up trees with no ropes, or ladders. not even branches to step on to give me a boost just rapped my legs around like a sloth and got up a 25 foot tree in 10 seconds. Well got up to the first branch 25 feet up.

[SS]Grunt 12-29-2009 03:03 PM

nice so,,, are u in the navy yet? u know the whole process right??? no walk in the park, i hope u can run 12 and lower runtimes, the physical aspect yes its rough. i thought being in an outfit like that its classified to disclose ur whereabouts,, wow they can be subject to U.C.M.J forsure,oh well goodluck. oh yea best believe if u are hearing that from a recuirter they will tell u that they can give u the sky if u sign,, they say whatever to get u in. just know u have to really show urself cause the dropout rates for Seal/Ranger are crazy!! i know on both cause i was enlisted in the Marines and currently in the Army, both are very hard programs to get but if u are strong,, u will get it. remember 'pain is weakness coming from the body',,,