[SS] Forums

[SS] Forums (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/index.php)
-   Questions (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Karachi Map Naming (http://www.seasnipers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12035)

RickDicolus 01-11-2010 03:37 PM

Karachi Map Naming

Is there a "definitive" name for the roof that is attached to the apartment building that kinda overlooks the diner/bus station area?

[SS]Wally 01-11-2010 03:44 PM

I believe we would call it the "Apartment Roof" in game and everyone would know which one we would be calling out.

If you don't know exactly the name that a area has been 'branded' by the online community call out what is fast and easy for you. The last thing you want to do is clog up the comms.

Ex: Roof overlooking Bus, or Roof closest to Buss, or long Roof closest to Bus.

All three of those would make me think of the location.

Better yet: air onditioner roof overlooking bus. Now I know which one for sure.

Good luck.

RickDicolus 01-11-2010 03:54 PM

I was just checking it out in a private match and I'm pretty sure it's a bakery. It's a separate building from the apt. and I punched a bunch of the words on the the side of the building into a search engine and they were bakery related. Shakkar is sugar and the the french is pastry related. and there are also "General Store" signs on the outside. I think bakery would be good because there are already all kinds of "stores" in MW2, and aren't you in the mood for some baked goods?

When I hear "Apartment Room" I feel there is still a certain amount of ambiguity and I guess I don't like it. You are very right though long call outs are the worst especially after a long day/night the last thing you want is to have to scramble for a detailed description of the enemy location. Me late at night- he's...um... on the thing that's by the... door roof thinger by the chicken, never mind. Oh wait the satellite roof!
RickDicolus is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

RickDicolus 01-11-2010 03:59 PM

?

[SS]Wally 01-11-2010 05:43 PM

I meant "Apartment Roof" as a example. I believe we call it the apartment. If its the roof I am thinking of.

Anyway the whole aspect of calling things out when you don't know what the online community call them is the real reason I posted above. Trying to get my point across on how I call stuff out. But I can see you understand.

Sometimes I don't know the map well enough so I call out a position from the spawn. :"far back left building second floor"

you got it.

[SS]Hobo 01-11-2010 05:51 PM

How about the "Tin Roof"? :thinking-020:

[SS]Midnight 01-11-2010 07:20 PM

The Cafe is in the NE corner of the map. I think that is what you are calling the diner.

And YES you can delete your own posts. To do so...
Quote:

Click EDIT
then DELETE
then click the DELETE MESSAGE bullet
then click the DELETE THIS MESSAGE.

RickDicolus 01-15-2010 04:29 PM

I may be simple, but I see no "DELETE" icon. As far as the naming goes, I was just trying to throw out a suggestion. Sometimes the stick and sometimes they don't, but the more people on the same page the better.

sw1tt3rs 01-15-2010 07:25 PM

rundown

a great example of some bad location naming are the bridges on rundown. i was playing a match there last night with hobo, dg, and a few other guys, and we were calling out locations like "he's coming across the wooden footbridge", or hobo is good about calling out directions and locations, "north bridge/southbridge" and this guy, thunderbunny i think it was is like "which one is the northbridge? i'm just gonna call it 'A'. " does anyone else see how that might be confusing, and i'm thinking to myself.."if only there were a collection of maps with locations listed, details and such. if only...." nothing like a public room full of randoms to leave you scratching your head sometimes.