PDA

View Full Version : Why did the British wear "Red Coats" ?

[SS]Blitz
07-18-2005, 07:53 PM
"... We should remember the origins, history and tradition of the uniforms worn with pride by militaries around the world.

For example, a long time ago, Britain and France were at war. During one battle, the French captured an English colonel. Taking him to their headquarters, the French general began to question him. Finally, as an afterthought, the French general asked, "Why do you English officers all wear red coats? Don't you know the red material makes you easier targets for us to shoot at?"

In his bland English way, the colonel informed the general that the reason English officers wear red coats are so that if they are shot, the blood won't show and the men they are leading won't panic.

And that is why, from that day to this, all French Army officers wear brown pants."

[SS]Chief
07-18-2005, 09:15 PM
That was good! I will have to send that one around work....lol. Thanks!

[SS]Steve-O
07-18-2005, 09:36 PM
Yeah that is good.

[SS]Vapid
07-19-2005, 04:08 AM
So what do Canadians wear?

[SS]Chief
07-19-2005, 06:16 AM
Yellow Pants.....

http://us.ent2.yimg.com/musicfinder.yahoo.com/images/yahoo/def_soul/sisqo/sisqo2.jpg

TWINKIE'
07-19-2005, 10:09 AM
2 funny

Lost_Angel
07-19-2005, 02:30 PM
im offend by this joke blitz. seeing how im half french, im taking you too court, i hope you have a good laywer im not leaving you with a cent, i think ive been tramatised for the rest of my lifebigcry2